The Group Financial and Management Accountant role at Metaswitch.
We have a busy and motivated Finance team responsible for managing all the financial transactions of the Group – consisting of Metaswitch Networks Ltd and our various subsidiaries – culminating in the preparation of individual Company and Group Accounts. They are also responsible for reporting management information to the Board and senior Executive Officers.
This role reports directly to the Group Financial Controller and is a key role supporting the accounting and reporting activities of the Group.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Supporting the Group Financial Controller on reporting revenue and gross profit information to the senior management team on a weekly basis (both backward looking and forecast);
- Revenue assurance tasks to ensure compliance with the Group’s revenue accounting policies under IFRS15. Supporting the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis with preparing and reviewing monthly expenditure reports, including analysis of actual results against budget, and providing updated expenditure forecasts;
- Planning and co-ordination of the month end close process across all Finance team members
- Input into, and review of, the quarterly Board reporting package
- Working with the systems team to ensure that the reporting system provides accurate and reliable outputs, while looking at ways to make system improvements;
- Assist with management of the annual external audit;
- Ad hoc analysis, reporting, modelling and projects.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be an ACA/CIMA qualified accountant, ideally trained in a top 10 accountancy practice. Academically, you will be degree educated, ideally with a 2.1 or above. You will also:
- have experience of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards), in either a commercial environment or from an audit perspective;
- be energetic, assertive, confident and have a good eye for detail
- have advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and lookups;
- have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- have the potential to move into a management role in the near future
- experience of NetSuite ERP and NetSuite Financial Planning would be advantageous, but is not essentialThis is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a leading technology business at a very exciting stage of its development. This role would suit a recently qualified accountant who is looking for their first move out of practice or second move if already in industry. Knowledge and experience working either for a software company or in audit would be advantageous but not essential.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For this role, we will offer a competitive market salary to ensure that we attract candidates of exceptional quality. Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
Metaswitch is privately owned by top-tier investment firms Francisco Partners and Sequoia Capital, together with the Metaswitch Employee Benefit Trust (EBT), which provides a performance related bonus plan, equitably rewarding them for their contribution and encouraging long-term commitment. In addition, the company operates an employee share plan which further provides ownership incentives to our people. This means that all employees have a stake in the future wealth that the company creates, and there is exceptional potential for the right candidate to increase remuneration over time.
All employees benefit from the following benefits package, which is a combination of what you would expect from a modern, well-managed organisation - along with one or two specials of our own.
- We provide excellent non-contributory pension, life assurance and private medical schemes.
- Within a very flexible framework, employees receive four weeks’ paid holiday each year, rising to five weeks after one year’s service, as well as statutory holidays. You are also entitled to an additional two weeks’ unpaid leave if you need extra time.
- There are various out-of-hours activities including sporting and social events.
- For those interested in cultural events, tickets for theatre and concert trips are frequently organised.
- We have team and office morale events with a very generous budget. Activities can vary from drinks, bowling or go-karting with your team mates, to a day or weekend away with a larger group.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for over 30 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organisation with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. You will normally be asked to come for two visits. The first will be a general interview at our Enfield Head Office. If you are successful we will invite you back for a full day session to meet more people and complete a number of exercises to assess your suitability for the role.
To apply for this position, submit your CV (including all academic grades) and a covering email telling us about yourself, your current package, and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role.
If you have any further questions please contact Kellie Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.