The Information Security & Risk Manager role at Metaswitch
Metaswitch has a complex global IT infrastructure that spans multiple sites and continents, providing services and support to over 600 customers worldwide. Our Information Security and Risk Manager leads Information Security across the business, reporting status to the senior executive team, and working with stakeholders and team managers to ensure Information Security awareness and compliance.
Your day to day tasks will vary, but could include
- refining our Information Security standards, policies and procedures across the company, with the long term aim of achieving a recognised security certification (for example, Cyber Essentials or ISO 27001)
- embedding information security into key processes, procedures and working practices
- performing regular security reviews, risk assessments and audits
- managing and supporting customer and supplier information security requirements and risk processes
- developing, delivering and measuring Information Security awareness across the business.
This is a full-time role based in our corporate head office in Enfield, North London. You will report directly to our Director of Information Systems. In addition to defining and reviewing our security policies, you will be responsible for implementing aspects of policy across our systems, so will work closely with our IT Infrastructure team.
You will also be responsible for
- working with our customer account teams to ensure compliance with our customers’ security requirements
- formulating our strategy for achieving ISO 27001 and other security certifications and driving the work to achieve these
- recommending additional security technologies to deploy within the business
- application of security controls and risk mitigation actions
- ensuring the IT disaster recovery and business continuity procedures are up to date and tested.
For this position, we need a graduate who
- has experience in a security management position
- has hands-on IT experience in security technologies (for example, firewall configuration, IDS/IPR systems, network infrastructure)
- is a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- is highly organised and possesses good time management skills.
Experience in implementing an ISO 27001 certified security framework would be an advantage, but is not essential.
For this role, we will offer a competitive market salary to ensure that we attract candidates of exceptional quality. Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
All of our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, which is a combination of what you would expect from a modern, well-managed organization - along with one or two specials of our own, including team and office morale events with a very generous budget. The company also operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for over 30 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
The first stage will involve a telephone interview with the hiring manager to assess your suitability to the role. The next stage will be an interview at our Enfield (North London) Office when you will be asked to complete a short exercise, and have interviews with senior members of the team.
To apply for this position, please send a
- comprehensive CV (including all academic grades)
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address email@example.com.
If you have any further questions please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.