The Logistics Coordinator job is available in the newly formed Metaswitch Procurement team. This team is responsible for all product related and internal IT purchasing across Metaswitch as well as product delivery to fulfil customer orders.
The key responsibility for the logistics coordinator is to ensure all of our customer orders, software, hardware and licences, are fulfilled as required.
A wide range of logistical and administrative tasks are involved in achieving this:
- Day to day coordination of our third party who fulfils our hardware orders
- Focal point for communication with our outsourced delivery partner
- Solving complex logistical requirements from our customers and internal teams
- Owning delivery quality, proactively mitigating for issues before they arise and carrying out RCA analysis and subsequent managing resolution plans where they do
- Monitor and report on performance in delivery of both software and hardware
- Building and maintaining fount of knowledge about our delivery processes and being focal point for communications with other Metaswitch teams, including product configuration knowledge
- Owning, maintaining and improving all processes related to order fulfilment
- Integrating processes for new product delivery
- Completing necessary administrative processes for delivery of software and licences
- Complete basic Export Compliance checks
- Provide requirements for tools and applications supporting delivery and drive programs to improve.
For this position, we need someone who
- Has a BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Has a minimum 2 years in a relevant professional role
- Can work at high speed and under seasonal pressure
- Is capable of dealing with high volume and a wide range of different activities
- Is impressively accurate and detailed
- is comfortable jumping between routine, repetitive tasks and tasks involving solving complex problems
- Has enough technical capability to comprehend and translate questions about our products and delivery processes effectively
- Is a highly effective communicator, particularly in written electronic form and is comfortable communicating with people at all levels of the organisation and across different geographies
- Can own, manage and enhance complex processes and documentation
- is an enthusiastic and motivated team player
- is confident using MS Office suite, including Excel
The successful candidate will be based in Alameda, CA.
Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
The company is privately owned partly by top-tier investment firms Francisco Partners and Sequoia Capital, and partly by the Employee Benefit Trust (EBT) which provides a performance related bonus plan, equitably rewarding employees for their contribution and encouraging long-term commitment. The company also operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
In terms of personal development, we offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and successful company. Despite being established for over 30 years, we are a young, dynamic organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
To apply for this position, please send a comprehensive resume and covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions please contact Megan Hogan at the same address or on 415.513.1500.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer AA M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.