The Sales Operations Analyst / Administrator at Metaswitch
The Metaswitch Sales Operations team is a vital part of the overall Metaswitch organisation. The Sales Operations team have played a key role in delivering the company’s vision to power the transition of communication networks into a cloud-based, software-centric, all-IP future.
The Sales Operations team are responsible for managing the entry and validation of all aspects of customer orders. A key aspect of this includes providing essential support to our sales and pre-sales team by managing equipment and revenue forecasting as well as coordinating contract review. In addition, order administration, managing recurring revenue streams, sales analysis, accounting and customer record management are team strengths.
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- a wide variety of administration tasks required to carry out Sales Operations responsibilities
- working closely with the Sales team worldwide to maximise revenue by helping the Sales team to operate as efficiently as possible, and using management information effectively to determine potential future revenue opportunities
- providing the conduit between the Sales and Procurement teams to ensure that our processes are followed correctly for order approval, and orders are entered correctly in our online systems
- ensuring that our contracts/proposal database is kept current, and that all relevant information is available to senior management
- ensuring the correct revenue information (including information about future revenue events such as maintenance renewal, software licensing etc) is entered correctly in our online systems with sufficient detail of each deal included to allow appropriate financial analysis
- working closely with others in the team and the wider organisation to ensure that our systems and processes are efficient and scalable
- being on call to assist with quarter end and year end bursts of sales activity to ensure the company reaches its sales targets
- understanding our standard pricing tables and assisting the sales team in producing accurate quotes
- communicating with the Sales team on dynamically changing requirements, especially at quarter end boundaries
- assisting with consolidating revenue and equipment forecast information from the Sales team. This position is fixed term for 18 months, full time, located in the Enfield (North London) Office.
Qualifications and Experience
For this position, we need someone who
- is educated to A level standard
- ideally has experience in an administratively focused role (as would sales and revenue experience, but this is not essential as full training is provided in house)
- is quick, bright, talented and adaptable
- has a very strong attention to detail and ability to follow processes quickly and accurately
- is good at spotting and implementing process improvements
- has strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- enjoys interaction with a global sales force, in many cases over different time zones.
For this role, we will offer a competitive market salary to ensure that we attract candidates of exceptional quality. Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
All of our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, which is a combination of what you would expect from a modern, well-managed organization - along with one or two specials of our own, including team and office morale events with a very generous budget. The company also operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for over 30 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
The first stage will involve a telephone interview with the hiring manager to assess your suitability to the role. The next stage will be an interview at our Enfield (North London) Office when you will be asked to complete a number of short exercises, and have interviews with senior members of the team.
To apply for this position, please send a
- comprehensive CV (including all academic grades)
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the roleto our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.