The Supplier Manager position is available in the newly formed Metaswitch Procurement team. This team is responsible for all Supply chain activity as well as product delivery to fulfil customer orders, equipment installation, shipping, order administration, accounting and customer record management. In addition, the team provides essential support to our sales and pre-sales team by managing equipment and revenue forecasting as well as coordinating contract review.
Within the procurement team we manage 30+ hardware and software suppliers, with the volume of activity trending towards the latter.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following.
- working closely with the Product Management team to identify all requirements and commercial considerations for 3rd party product that could form part of Metaswitch products
- helping identify potential suppliers
- engaging with suppliers as appropriate for one-off procurement or where appropriate, establishing on-going relationships with chosen suppliers
- negotiating of supplier contracts
- establishing key contacts at the supplier who will champion Metaswitch and deliver on our requirements
- interfacing with various Metaswitch functional groups (e.g. Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Business Development) to know and understand all issues related to our suppliers
- driving all issues to resolution with suppliers
- working with suppliers on purchasing and forecasting, with the critical remit of reducing our overall cost of sale
- liaising with the supplier on changes in requirements and outstanding issues
- monitoring for End Of Life (EOL) and/or Last Time Buys (LTB) which are to be communicated internally and mitigation plan created
- negotiating special rates for large customer opportunities
- holding quarterly business reviews with our main suppliers
- building a strong partnership with all suppliers, including any necessary contractual commitments
- ensuring any regulatory requirements are met
- creating, documenting, optimising and maintaining best practice processes for supplier selection and ongoing management.
Qualifications and Experience
For this position, we need someone who has
- Strong supplier, leadership, and coordination skills, including
- direct experience with successful management of suppliers, contract negotiation, creation, and successful conclusion
- proven capability of cost saving negotiations
- ongoing relationship management through strength of communication
- working with international companies.
- Solid planning and Interpersonal skills.
- communication excellence - ability to drive to the core of an issue and focus
- ability to work with and motivate others who have a variety of corporate objectives.
- demonstrated success in working with (external or internal) customers and successful coordination in fulfilling customer/field requirements or managing situations where requirements cannot be met.
The following skills and experiences would be a plus
- Being technically savvy with Telecoms industry knowledge
- Working with international companies successfully and have experience in leading programs with such companies.
- Success with differing communication and self-management styles.
- Dealing with cultural variances that are met in servicing a global customer base.
- Ability to refine process, style, actions to be in line with different management styles - flexibility of style.
- Ability to work independently; self-managed; self-motivated - shown through experience and accomplishments.
- Regulatory experience,
The successful candidate will be based in our Alameda Office,
Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
The company is privately owned partly by top-tier investment firms Francisco Partners and Sequoia Capital, and partly by the Employee Benefit Trust (EBT) which provides a performance related bonus plan, equitably rewarding employees for their contribution and encouraging long-term commitment. The company also operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
In terms of personal development, we offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and successful company. Despite being established for over 30 years, we are a young, dynamic organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
To apply for this position, please send a
- comprehensive resume
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions please contact Megan Hogan at the same address or on 415.513.1500.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer AA M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.