Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company. The company develops commercial and open-source software solutions that are constructively disrupting the way that service providers build, scale, innovate and account for communication services. By working with Metaswitch, visionary service providers are realizing the full economic, operational and technology benefits of becoming cloud-based and software-centric. Metaswitch’s award-winning solutions are powering more than 1,000 service providers in today’s global, ultra-competitive and rapidly changing communications marketplace.
We’ve built our engineering team by attracting and retaining exceptional engineering talent. Our team of more than 800 individuals is predominantly based in the UK.
We are recruiting Senior Software Engineers to join our Edinburgh office.
Software Development at Metaswitch
Our approach to software development, from initial requirement through to deployment and on-going support, brings together three key elements:
- disciplined project management and execution
- encouragement of imaginative and creative ideas and solutions
- exceptional team spirit and productivityOur proven track-record of successful project delivery relies on project team members being given the freedom (and responsibility) to exercise their minds and contribute in the broadest possible way. This creates an environment in which the most gifted individuals can deliver to their full potential. The Metaswitch engineering approach combines our 30 years of experience in delivering high quality software on time, with a forward looking approach using the latest industry practices where they can help us do better. We encourage innovation in our day-to-day work and through regular Hackathons and an annual 2-day engineering conference where we open the floor to talk about anything and everything around technology and software engineering. We really do believe that Metaswitch is the best place to do complex software engineering in the UK. If this is what you’re looking for then read on!
Qualifications and Experience
We’re recruiting candidates with a range of experience to join our exceptional engineering organisation. We work across a wide range of technologies spanning everything from ultra-fast hardware-aware code, to server-side systems programming for high-scale networking, to mobile app and web development, and the latest cutting-edge impacts of the shift to virtualisation – such as Project Clearwater, our Open Source industry-leading IMS-core-in-the-cloud. That means our programmers get their hands dirty with everything from low-level C/C++ coding to application programming in Java/Scala/Python, to database integration with distributed high-scale systems such as Apache Cassandra.
The ideal candidate would have
- experience managing software teams
- 5 years + experience using C language and /or Java systems
- a versatile and creative mind
- self-motivation, energy and discipline
- excellent communication skills
Our packages are competitive to ensure that we attract candidates of exceptional quality. For this role, we are offering a competitive starting package which will depend upon the experience of the successful candidate. Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance.
All of our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including private medical cover, pension and life assurance. The company also operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increasing value of the company.
We have team and office morale events with a very generous budget. Activities can vary from drinks, bowling or go-karting with your team mates, to a day or weekend away with a larger group.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
If successful, you will be invited to visit our office in Edinburgh to assess your suitability for the role – this will involve completing some exercises and meeting senior members of our teams.
To apply for this position, please send
- a comprehensive CV
- a covering email telling us about yourself and why you’re interested in, and suited to, the roleto our email address firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any further questions, please contact a member of the team on 0208 366 1177.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer