DC-IGMP/MLD is a portable source code implementation of the Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) protocol designed explicitly to support the scalability, availability and functional requirements of OEMs building devices for next generation networks. It also supports the Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) protocol, the IPv6 variant of IGMP.
DC-IGMP/MLD shares Metaswitch's multicast IP routing architecture. It has comprehensive support for the relevant standards.
DC-IGMP/MLD provides support for the router-side parts of the following specifications.
- IGMP v3, as specified in RFC 3376.
- IGMP v2, as specified in RFC 2236.
- IGMP v1, as specified in RFC 1112.
- MLD v2, as specified in RFC 3810.
- MLD v1, as specified in RFC 2710.
- IGMP SSM support, as specified in RFC 4604.
- IGMP/MLD Proxy, as specified in RFC 4605.
- The Multicast Group Membership Discovery MIB, as described in draft-ietf-magma-mgmd-mib.
- DC-IGMP/MLD supports the following features.
Full mandatory protocol support (as specified in the relevant RFCs and Internet-Drafts).
- Optional enhancements to the protocol for next-generation applications.
- Full MIB support.
- Support for virtual routers.
- Distribution to provide maximum scalability.
- Redundancy so that the software continues to function following hardware/software failure.
- High availability and fault tolerance in management of configuration information when used with Configuration Safe Store.
- Compatibility with Cisco and Juniper's configuration models.
- Integration with Metaswitch's Unicast IP Routing products.