The best consumer communications for your subscribers
More homes than ever before are now connected by broadband, and consumers are increasingly turning toward VoIP for telephony. For many consumers, there is still value in having a “fixed” presence in the home, but they want smarter services and a better selection of ways to stay in touch. The rise of smartphones and OTT services has given consumers more communications choices. Revenue from delivering basic voice services is in sharp decline. UC, VoLTE, WebRTC, or RCS – even at a low deployment cost – aren’t enough to reverse this trend. Network operators need to replace traditional voice services with an IP-based multimedia solution.
- Consumers can take service anywhere (work, travel, or vacation). Family members can take it with them and stay in touch wherever they have a Wi-Fi or data connection.
- HD voice, soon to be the standard for all voice communication, provides clearer calls that make conversations more productive and enjoyable.
- While in progress, voice calls can easily be converted to video calls (or vice versa).
- Add family members in other parts of the world, allowing them to download an app that makes voice and video calling as easy as dialing a phone.
- Instant messaging and SMS allow text communication from almost any device, enabling texting to and from any SMS-addressable number in the world.
- Provide a modern interface for consumer communications.
- Subscribers will be able to route calls and messages to the right person using a simple interface.
- Allow subscribers to maintain a single family identity in parallel with unique user identities.
- Calls for the whole family can ring every device, calls for Mom or Dad can just ring preferred devices.
- Parents can monitor or control who/where/when children communicate via voice, video, or text.
The leading consumer communications solution for operators
- Easy for network operators to deploy, using your existing broadband infrastructure and our fully virtualized, highly scalable Consumer Communications solution.
- Services on any number of devices: Android, iOS, tablets, and Windows or MacOS. Easily provision and manage subscriber clients and integrate service with VoIP handsets at home.
- Easily migrate from physical to virtual or from NGN to IMS, making it a secure investment. Choose the right architecture for current needs with flexibility to address future strategic goals.
- Built-in service flexibility: ready to handle evolving technology standards, regulatory constraints, and future subscriber service needs.
- All of this using common devices and hardware that many customers already own. No proprietary CPE or expensive deployment costs.
The Metaswitch Consumer Communications solution includes all of the ingredients for highly successful service offerings: both standard and enhanced residential calling features, network-based voicemail, Web access to voice services, and interoperability with a wide range of VoIP access and infrastructure devices. Built on our industry-leading and fully virtualized application servers, our solution is equally suitable for deployment by fixed line carriers, mobile carriers, and over-the-top service providers.
For environments with legacy access or interconnect TDM infrastructure our portfolio of media gateway controllers and universal media gateways may be deployed. For smaller deployments, integrated softswitches can provide a turnkey network transformation solution, while security and interworking for large or small VoIP access or interconnect services is provided by our best-in-class, 100% software-based Session Border Controller (SBC).