Metaswitch Managed SBC for Operator Connect
Metaswitch is introducing a new way to help operators meet the rapidly changing needs of their business customers. Metaswitch Managed SBC for Operator Connect is a service that allows operators to easily meet the multi-tenant Session Border Controller requirement of the Operator Connect program by sourcing a managed service from Metaswitch.
The impressive growth of Microsoft Teams shows how business users have changed the way they communicate and collaborate. Increasingly, they are using Teams to make outside voice calls too. Microsoft Teams has nearly 250 million monthly active users and 80 million monthly active Teams Phone users. More than 1 billion calls were made in just one month as reported on Microsoft’s FY21 Q4 earnings call. Microsoft introduced the Operator Connect program to make it easier for operators to offer PSTN access to Teams users. It simplifies the importing and administration of phone numbers within Teams by directly interfacing with an operator’s phone network.
Managed SBC for Operator Connect is hosted in an operator’s Azure cloud tenant to support the requirements of Microsoft’s Operator Connect program and more easily provide PSTN services to Teams enterprise customers. The service includes the rapid deployment of our Microsoft-certified SBC in Azure, managed by Metaswitch.
Metaswitch’s dedicated service teams guides operators from design to implementation and service monitoring. We provide network design services, API integration support, service SLA delivery in partnership with your operations team, proactive and reactive troubleshooting, lifecycle management, monitoring, and managed ticket resolution.
Managed SBC for Operator Connect includes:
- All SBC upgrades
- 24x7 system health monitoring from our virtual Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Ticket resolution
- Platform onboarding
- Carrier service testing and certification
Benefits of the Managed SBC for Operator Connect service
- Faster time to market: A managed service simplifies the process of SBC deployment and API integration, freeing operators to focus on go-to-market activities.
- Financial simplicity: The rapid growth of Microsoft Teams has stressed the CAPEX planning models for operators. With typical budget cycles, it’s likely that the costs to support Operator Connect can quickly outpace forecasted spend. The Managed SBC for Operator Connect service shifts these costs to an OPEX model, directly pegging future costs to subscriber growth.
- API mediation: Our pre-built platform integrates with Operator Connect APIs to simplify call number management and track call detail records (CDR), with ready integration into an operator’s OSS/BSS platforms.
- Microsoft Teams alignment: Managed SBC for Operator Connect has been designed to support current and future Teams calling use cases.
- Service quality: Metaswitch is committed to delivering the best support in the market, enabling you to meet your business service level agreements (SLAs).
Marketing, Unified Communications and MarketVisions