The Software Tester role
Metaswitch uses cutting edge development and testing approaches to deliver mission critical telecoms infrastructure to the world’s largest network operators. Agile software development practices and cloud native architecture principles are in our DNA.
We are looking for experienced professionals with software testing experience to join our 5G Core development team as software testers, based in our Enfield office. Our testers form part of cross-discipline agile development teams, which encompass a mix of software development, architecture and testing expertise.
The transition to 5G is the biggest, most disruptive change in telecoms right now. As a member of the 5G Core development team you will be helping power that transition: with high performance, resilient, cloud-native networking software. You'll be working alongside a mix of experienced engineers and new graduate engineers, in a friendly, supportive and collaborative environment.
Metaswitch has a track record of developing people to become outstanding testers, engineers and leaders. We are looking for potential as much as experience and current level of ability in our recruitment process.
- Designing and reviewing testing for new products and features, using a mix of exploratory, pre-planned and automated approaches.
- Investigating and evaluating complex products and solutions.
- Making judgements about product quality, against a high quality bar.
- Relevant commercial software testing experience.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with junior and senior team-mates, and both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A high level of energy and drive. Self-motivated and a positive, energising presence in a team environment.
- Able to proactively and quickly learn about new technologies and techniques, with support from team lead and mentors.
- Creativity and ability to innovate, as well as logical thinking and attention to detail.
- Ability to design tests and test plans for complex solutions based on an understanding of requirements and product risk.
- Ability to analyse and debug problems in complex systems.
- Capable of producing estimates and tracking and delivering against them.
- Ability to comply with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensure the security of information at all times.
Desirable experience and capabilities include:
- Understanding of business value of product features, and evaluating products against them.
- Experience of non-functional testing e.g performance, robustness, security, usability etc.
- Comfortable with testing and defining quality bar in an agile environment.
- Capable of mentoring other less experienced team members and providing feedback.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python.
- Experience with developing and deploying software using containers, including using docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience of private and public cloud-based testing (e.g. OpenStack, AWS, Azure).
- Experience of context driven testing, rapid software testing, session-based testing, and other modern testing approaches.
- Experience and domain knowledge in mobile networks and networking protocols.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
The first stage will involve a telephone interview with the hiring manager to assess your suitability to the role. The next stage will be an interview at one of our Metaswitch offices where you will be asked to complete some short exercises and meet members of the Engineering team.
To apply for this position, please send a
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.