The CTO role
Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company, constructively disrupting the way in which service providers innovate, build and scale their communication services. Our award-winning solutions power the networks for over 1,000 service provider and mobile operators.
Over the last few years, the company has been investing heavily in initiatives to grow our presence in mobile networks, and these investments have been paying off with rapid growth in sales of complete VoLTE solutions as well as sales of individual products into mobile networks including telephony application servers and session border controllers. The company believes that continuing to grow its penetration of mobile network opportunities is fundamental to our future success, and is committed to further investments in the mobile space.
To help support our continuing growth in mobile networks, the company is now seeking a technical leader to focus on the wireless space, to bring technology and market knowledge to bear on our development investment decisions, and to evangelize the company’s products and solutions at executive level among our customers and prospects.
The successful candidate will report directly into a member of the Executive team. The company is flexible with regard to the location of the role: possible locations include Enfield or Edinburgh in the UK, and Frisco, TX or Los Altos, CA in the USA.
As the company’s most senior technologist focused on the wireless space, you will be responsible for:
- Advising the Executive team on product and technology strategy in the wireless space, covering both voice and messaging products as well as emerging solutions for the mobile packet core.
- Working with Product Line Management to develop and maintain our evolving strategy for mobile products and solutions.
- Providing detailed input on product requirements to Engineering and Product Line Management.
- Assisting with writing responses to RFIs and RFPs for mobile solutions, with a focus on 5G strategy, the evolution of mobile networks and our approach to network modernization and new mobile services.
- Promoting our mobile products and solutions among senior technology managers in our customer and prospect base, and providing strong technology support to our sales campaigns among mobile operators.
- Engaging with relevant media and analyst audiences to promote the company’s key technology messages in the mobile space.
- Helping to assess the value of new inventions as it relates to possible patent applications.
- Maintaining an excellent working knowledge of evolving 3GPP standards, especially with regard to 5G.
The ideal applicant will have the following.
- 10+ years’ experience as a senior technologist in mobile voice and data networking
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with a particular focus on explaining complex technical topics clearly and straightforwardly
- Proven track record in supporting successful large-scale sales campaigns into Tier 1 mobile operators
- Extensive experience in shaping and supporting product strategy decisions in the mobile space
- Broad, deep and up-to-date knowledge of mobile networking technology and standards, especially 5G
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in science, engineering or mathematics.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. Firstly, you will have a telephone interview with one of the Executive team. This will give you an opportunity to find out more about the role and find out whether you are suited to Metaswitch. If successful, you will then normally be asked to come in to one of our offices for a series of interviews.
To apply for this position, please send a
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.