Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company, constructively disrupting the way in which service providers innovate, build and scale their communication services. Our award-winning solutions power the networks for over 1,000 service provider and mobile operators.
We are excited to announce that we are expanding our Customer Care operations and are searching for experienced Customer Care Engineers to join our office in Belfast.
Roles and responsibilities
Successful candidates will work as Customer Care Engineers, facilitating customer success and delivering an exceptional customer experience via a wide range of tasks:
- Working in real time with customers to ensure the successful operation and high availability of voice services
- Responding to critical incidents to ensure rapid restoration of service
- Resolving defects or configuration issues found in Metaswitch and partner equipment and software
- Assisting customers with maintenance activities, such as upgrades
The Customer Care Engineer must act with a high degree of autonomy, combining deep technical expertise with strong analytical reasoning to make sound decisions and provide reliable guidance to our customers. The Customer Care Engineer’s primary internal interfaces are with Sales Account Managers, Professional Services Engineering and L3 Engineering.
Successful candidates will be based in the Metaswitch office in Belfast and must be willing to travel to customer sites. Occasional travel will be required to other regions for conferences and meetings. The role will require candidates regularly to work on a shift pattern to ensure adequate overlap with customers in the Americas region. The role may also require candidates to work some weekend days on a rotating shift pattern.
For this position, we’re looking for a candidate who has:
- a strong academic record and a good degree in any subject
- an aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems
- energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- good technical writing skills
- an interest in technology and communications software
Prior knowledge of the following technologies is beneficial but not required:
- SIP-based voice networks, including SIP telephony architecture and protocols.
- IMS and/or VoLTE networks
- Linux enterprise operating systems such as Red Hat.
- IPv4/v6 networking, DNS, switching and routing, including use of common troubleshooting tools
- OSS/BSS integration including experience with protocols such as SNMP and RADIUS.
- Hands-on knowledge of Virtual platforms (VMWare or OpenStack)
- Basic script programming in Python, JSON, SOAP/XML
We offer a highly competitive package that will reflect the experience of the individual.
- Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
- All of our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, as you would expect from a modern, well-managed organisation.
- The company operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for 35 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
We want Metaswitch to be an awesome place to work and we know that when employees are trusted to manage their work/life balance, not only does it support their well-being, but increases their engagement and ultimately enables them to perform their role better. Metaswitch is pleased to take a flexible approach to working, and if you’re looking for some variability in your schedule, we encourage you to have this conversation with your interviewer!
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
To apply for this position, please submit a comprehensive resume (including all academic grades) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.