The Cyber Security Engineer role at Metaswitch
This is a full-time role based in our Head Office in Enfield, North London (a great location only 20 mins from Kings Cross and also close to the Hertfordshire countryside). You will report to our Head of IT Infrastructure and work with a variety of operational teams and stakeholders across our growing business to define and implement our global information security policy. The hands on role provides a great opportunity to make a significant impact and to develop and grow both yourself and the role.
- Day to day management of our existing Information Security tools
- Embedding information security into key processes, procedures and working practices
- Identifying areas for improvement, recommending and deploying additional security policies and technologies across the business
- Developing, delivering and measuring Information Security awareness across the business
- Working with our customer account teams to ensure compliance with our customers’ security requirements
- Application of security controls and risk mitigation actions.
- Experience in information security
- Hands-on IT experience in security technologies (for example DLP technology, firewall configuration, IDS/IPR systems, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm with a real interest in the field
- Passion for continually learning and developing new skills, and the drive and desire to step up to Cyber Security Architect or Manager in future
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Degree level education
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
First, we’ll ask you to have a telephone interview with the hiring manager. We’ll then ask you to visit our Enfield Office to complete assessments and have interviews with members of the team. We want to find out more about you, but also provide the opportunity for you to get a good ‘feel’ for the role and Metaswitch. It’s a big decision for both of us.
To apply for this position, please send a
- CV (including all academic grades)
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.