Director of Sales, Major Accounts Role at Metaswitch
The Account Manager for Major Accounts is responsible for building and maintaining effective customer relationships. This includes establishing detailed strategy and execution plans, and networking at all levels within an organization up to Executive Level to leverage opportunity using technical knowledge and appropriate sales techniques.
The successful candidate will be involved in identifying, managing and closing business that provides telecommunications infrastructure and applications within the territory. The AM will actively participate in all significant sales and marketing plans, and work closely with the Metaswitch business units to expand their base of business within their accounts and overall marketplace.
The Account Manager will be responsible for the following.
- Identifying, negotiating and closing significant deals within the Major Accounts (AT&T, Verizon, Comcast) for Metaswitch.
- Managing the territory including identification of sales opportunities and converting those opportunities by closing new accounts to meet established revenue generation goals.
- Managing existing accounts by enhancing relationships and driving new business opportunities.
- Developing and implementing sales strategies while keeping short and long term goals in perspective.
- Driving internal teams responding to RFP/RFQs and providing input to facilitate successful business.
- Developing technical and commercial solutions that result in competitive business closure.
The successful candidate must have
- a minimum 8-10 years’ progressive successful experience in sales with an emphasis on selling Software Networking Solutions into customer accounts
- a strong interest in and knowledge of the technology that underpins the solutions we sell
- Strong IP Networking back ground
- Strong understanding of NFV
- Back ground with IMS and voice related solutions
- substantial telecoms-oriented sales experience targeting US Carriers, including wireless, fixed line, Internet or combined carriers plus applications providers
- a working knowledge of telecom voice applications/services, networking markets and associated technologies
- the ability to create, develop and sustain relationships at the Executive levels of prospective client companies
- proven capability to develop and manage sales opportunities from beginning to end, including qualification proposal creation, negotiation and closing
- the ability to excel in a fast-paced, team environment with a passion for selling and customer focus
- excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills as well as being an aggressive go-getter with high energy levels and an inherent hunger for sales
- BA/BSc (MBA/MSc would be advantageous)
- proven experience of developing and maintaining a solid customer base and executive level relationships as well as high level partner alliances.
Location and Travel
This position requires travel to customer meetings, external and internal functions. Ideally, the candidate would be based in one of the following states:
Other geographies would be considered.
Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
The company is privately owned partly by top-tier investment firms Francisco Partners and Sequoia Capital, and partly by the Employee Benefit Trust (EBT) which provides a performance related bonus plan, equitably rewarding employees for their contribution and encouraging long-term commitment. The company also operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
In addition, all employees receive the following benefits package, which is a combination of what you would expect from a modern, well-managed organization - along with one or two specials of our own.
- We provide excellent retirement benefits (10% of salary contributed by the company into your retirement fund), short and long-term disability insurance, private medical and dental schemes.
- Employees receive four weeks paid vacation, as well as public holidays.
In terms of personal development, we offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and successful company. Despite being established for over 30 years, we are a young, dynamic organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. If we decide to proceed with your application, we will usually contact you to go through a short telephone interview initially. This gives you (and us) an opportunity to find out more.
Please send a comprehensive CV/resume along with a covering letter/email to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any further questions or queries please contact Colleen Dietmeyer at the same email address.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.