The Financial Accountant role
Metaswitch, the world’s leading cloud native communications software company, is seeking a Financial Accountant to join our office in Enfield, North London.
The Group Reporting team is responsible for managing all the financial transactions of the Group – consisting of Metaswitch Networks Ltd and our various subsidiaries – culminating in the preparation of individual Company and Group Accounts. We are also responsible for reporting management information to the Board and senior Executive Officers. This is a high performing team working within a growing Private Equity backed entrepreneurial business.
This role reports directly to the Senior Group Reporting Manager and is a key role supporting the accounting and reporting activities of the Group.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Performing month end close procedures such as accruals and prepayment journal postings and assistance with preparing the group’s monthly and quarterly management accounts;
- Provide support to the FP&A team, including analysis of actual results against budget;
- Working closely with manufacturing and sales operations to understand the end to end cost process ensuring accurate inventory and cost of sales accounting;
- Working with the systems team to ensure that the reporting system provides accurate and reliable outputs, while looking at ways to make system improvements;
- Assisting with preparation of the Group’s IFRS statutory financial statements and working with the auditors during the annual external audit;
- Performing cost accounting entries including month end inventory and cost of sales reconciliations;
- Running the monthly commission payments and handling queries from the wider business;
- Ad hoc tasks and projects.
The successful candidate will ideally be a part-qualified accountant with some experience in industry. The part qualified accountant should have achieved first time passes. The role is also suitable for an individual keen to begin a career in finance and work towards a finance qualification. You will also:
- have a keen interest in accountancy and finance;
- be energetic and robust with the ability to interact with the wider business coupled with the tenacity and drive to deliver results;
- have advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and lookups;
- have excellent oral and written communication skills.
For the right candidate, we are able to offer support in order to complete or begin your chosen qualification.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
The first stage will involve a telephone interview with the hiring manager to assess your suitability to the role. The next stage will be an interview at our North London offices where you will be asked to complete some short exercises and meet members of the team.
To apply for this position, please send a
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.