The Head of Software Procurement position will lead the Metaswitch Procurement team. This team is responsible for all internal IT purchasing as well as hardware and software Supply chain activity and product delivery to fulfil customer orders, equipment installation, shipping, order administration, and customer record management. In addition, the team provides essential support to our sales and pre-sales team by managing software, equipment and revenue forecasting as well as coordinating contract reviews. The team is currently hardware heavy in its skills so we are looking for someone with strong software procurement skills, preferably procurement for incorporation into the company’s products or offerings.
Within the procurement team we manage 30+ hardware and software suppliers, with the volume of activity trending towards software contracts. We have consolidated most of our hardware purchasing under Flex.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following.
- working closely with the Product Management, Sales and/or Business Development team to identify all requirements and commercial considerations for 3rd party product (primarily software that could form part of Metaswitch products
- helping identify potential suppliers/licensors
- engaging with suppliers/licensors as appropriate for one-off procurement or where appropriate, establishing on-going relationships with chosen suppliers/licensors
- negotiating of software, hardware and Professional service contracts
- establishing key contacts at the supplier/licensor who will champion Metaswitch and deliver on our requirements
- interfacing with various Metaswitch functional groups (e.g. Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Business Development) to know and understand all issues related to our suppliers/licensors
- driving all issues to resolution
- working with suppliers/licensors on contract structure and forecasting, with the critical remit of reducing our overall cost of sale
- negotiating to reduce ongoing maintenance costs
- liaising with the supplier/licensor on changes in requirements and outstanding issues
- negotiating special rates/royalties for one off bids and large customer opportunities
- holding quarterly business reviews with our main suppliers/licensors
- creating, documenting, optimising and maintaining best practice processes for supplier/licensor selection and negotiation of key terms.
Qualifications and Experience
For this position, we need someone who has
- Strong software contracting, leadership, and coordination skills, including
- direct experience with successful management of software contract negotiation, creation, and successful conclusion
- proven capability of cost saving negotiations
- ongoing relationship management through strength of communication
- working with international companies
- experience managing a small team
- Solid planning and Interpersonal skills.
- communication excellence - ability to drive to the core of an issue and focus
- ability to work with and motivate others who have a variety of corporate objectives.
- demonstrated success in working with (external or internal) customers and successful coordination in fulfilling customer/field requirements or managing situations where requirements cannot be met.
The following skills and experiences would be a plus
- Being technically savvy with software industry knowledge, knowledge of telecom service providers a plus
- Working with international companies successfully and have experience in leading programs with such companies.
- Success with differing communication and self-management styles.
- Dealing with cultural variances that are met in servicing a global customer base.
- Ability to refine process, style, actions to be in line with different management styles - flexibility of style.
- Ability to work independently; self-managed; self-motivated - shown through experience and accomplishments.
- Strong negotiation skills, knowledge of industry standard provisions in software agreements for sublicensing/redistribution
- General procurement experience a plus.
The successful candidate can be based out of any of our three main UK offices in North London, Edinburgh or Belfast.
Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
The company is privately owned partly by top-tier investment firms Francisco Partners and Sequoia Capital, and partly by the Employee Benefit Trust (EBT) which provides a performance related bonus plan, equitably rewarding employees for their contribution and encouraging long-term commitment. The company also operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
In terms of personal development, we offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and successful company. Despite being established for over 30 years, we are a young, dynamic organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
First, we’ll ask you to have a telephone interview with the hiring manager. We’ll then ask you to visit our Enfield (North London) Office to complete assessments and have interviews with members of the team. We want to find out more about you, but also provide the opportunity for you to get a good ‘feel’ for the role and Metaswitch. It’s a big decision for both of us.
To apply for this position, please send a
- comprehensive CV
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.