Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company, constructively disrupting the way service providers build, scale, innovate, and account for communication services. Our award-winning solutions power more than 1,000 service provider networks.
We are looking for an IP Network Design Engineer to join our rapidly growing Belfast Office and work with our customers to deploy our solutions into their networks.
After an initial training period, you will be
- Designing and delivering the IP networks and virtualisation infrastructures to host our services in accordance with our best practice.
- Mentoring the wider Professional Services team on IP networking and virtualisation concepts and troubleshooting.
- First point of contact for colleagues and customers implementing and troubleshooting IP networks.
- Assisting customers with IP troubleshooting in pre-production and production networks.
- Responsible for having your finger on the pulse of our product evolution, ensuring that you understand and integrate their evolving requirements into existing IP design processes.
- Working collaboratively with a diverse range of teams from across the business.
We are looking for proactive individuals who can learn fast and have a desire to share their knowledge by coaching others. You will have
- 2+ years in an Engineering role within the IT/Telecoms industry, comprising of system deployment and administration (the role is primarily Linux based OS but will require a working knowledge of the relevant IP infrastructure).
- Exposure to physical (DELL/HP) and virtual (primarily VMWare) with a high-level understanding of the relevant architecture/elements involved in supporting server infrastructure and telecoms connectivity across multi-site deployments.
- An eye for detail with the ability to scope requirements (IP network design adhering to security and compliance best practise). You should be fluent in design documentation and holding technical discussions with customers to serve this purpose.
- A concise and logical approach to troubleshooting L1 – L4 of the OSI model with a solid understanding of tcp/ip, DNS, ntp, smtp, ftp/sftp and other network related protocols.
- An articulate and concise approach to communication with the ability to summarise complex issues (for those less technical) and expand (where necessary) upon materials when needed.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
First, we’ll ask you to complete a short online test, before asking you to visit our Office to complete assessments and have interviews with members of the team. We want to find out more about you, but also provide the opportunity for you to get a good ‘feel’ for the role and Metaswitch. It’s a big decision for both of us.
To apply for this position, please send a CV to our email address email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.