Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company, constructively disrupting the way service providers build, scale, innovate, and account for communication services. Our award-winning solutions power more than 1,000 service provider networks.
We are seeking a IP Network Design Engineer that has had exposure to designing and deploying IP networks within small to large enterprise/ service provider environments to join our rapidly growing Belfast office.
The ideal candidate must have an eye for detail as they will be expected to:
- Create complex IP network design documentation
- Setup IP subnet schemes
- Perform basic router / switch configuration
The individual must be able to exhibit strong communication, collaboration, as well as time and project management skills.
After an initial training period, you will be responsible for
- Creating IP network design documentation in accordance with our best practice.
- Working with senior design engineers to verify design requirements.
- Assisting customers and internal teams with IP troubleshooting in pre-production and production environments.
- Working collaboratively with a diverse range of teams from across the business.
- Obtaining a working knowledge of Metaswitch products and how they interact.
As part of your continuous development you will become fully responsible for the entire network design process for the duration of a project.
We are looking for proactive individuals who can learn fast and have a desire to share their knowledge by coaching others. You will possess the majority of the following:
- 2+ years in a network support role with exposure to multiple network vendor platforms aswell as troubleshooting issues through levels one to four of the TCP protocol stack.
- Demonstrate setting up IPv4 / IPv6 IP subnet schemes.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with LAN/WAN deployments, routing/switching configurations, DNS and firewall technologies.
- Experience with networking on Linux platforms (Redhat/Centos, Debian/ Ubuntu etc..)
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper routing/switching platforms
- Experience troubleshooting complex network issues such as protocol problems, hardware failures and WAN/LAN connectivity issues
- Experience documenting technical problems, resolutions, and processes for assigned tasks and projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work independently as required.
- Applicant must possess refined critical thinking skills, should be a self-starter, diplomatic, multi-task capable, adaptive to a dynamic environment, dependable and reliable
- VoIP/ SIP knowledge and component configuration experience is a plus
- CCNA-CCNP certifications considered a plus.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
First, we’ll ask you to complete a short online test, before asking you to visit our Office to complete assessments and have interviews with members of the team. We want to find out more about you, but also provide the opportunity for you to get a good ‘feel’ for the role and Metaswitch. It’s a big decision for both of us.
To apply for this position, please send a CV to our email address email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.