Metaswitch is the work's leading cloud native communications software company, constructively disrupting the way in which service providers innovate, build and scale their communications services. Our award-winning solutions power the networks for over 1,000 service providers and mobile operators.
We are excited to announce that we are expanding our Professional Services and Customer Care operations in APAC and are searching for talented Technical Support Engineers to join our new multi-function operations hub in Kuala Lumpur.
Role and Responsibilities
After an initial 5-week training period in the UK, successful candidates will work with customers as Professional Services and / or Customer Care Engineers on a wide range of tasks, mentored by more experienced engineers.
Professional Services include:
- Deployment, integration and acceptance testing of Metaswitch’s products in customers’ fixed line and mobile voice networks
- Branding and customisation of Metaswitch applications
- Planning and execution of migration services to cut existing voice subscribers over onto the newly deployed network
- Delivery of IP & voice network design services
- Commissioning of virtualisation / cloud infrastructure onto which Metaswitch VNFs are deployed.
Customer Care Engineering involves:
- Responding to critical incidents to ensure rapid restoration of service
- Resolving defects or configuration issues found in Metaswitch and partner equipment and software
- Assisting customers with maintenance activities, such as upgrades
- Working with customers to ensure the successful operation and high availability of voice services.
Successful candidates will be based in the Metaswitch office in Kuala Lumpur, and must be willing to travel to customer sites within the APAC region. Occasional travel will be required to other regions for conferences and meetings. The role may require candidates to work some weekend days on a rotating shift pattern.
- An exceptional academic record, including a recognized degree in a Telecoms, IT, Computer Science, or Networking-related subject, with a CGPA equivalent of 3.5 or above
- 1-3 years of professional experience working with IP or voice technologies and Unix-based operating systems, preferably in a customer-facing role
- An aptitude for understanding and solving complex technical problems
- The ability and the desire to quickly and self-sufficiently acquire new technical knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including fluency in English
- Energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity.
We offer a highly competitive package that will reflect the experience of the individual.
- Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
- All of our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, as you would expect from a modern, well-managed organisation.
- The company operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for 30 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. To apply for this position, please submit a comprehensive resume (including all academic grades) to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.