At Metaswitch, as one of the world leaders in unified communications, we develop software products and solutions that underpin the service platforms of today and tomorrow. Our cloud-native virtual network functions are designed from the ground up to run on commodity hardware in private, public and hybrid clouds. This software powers the voice, data and unified communications services of fixed, mobile and converged operators worldwide.
As Lead Rust engineer you will be a member of the Fusion Core Engineering Team, developing new features and product enhancements to our packet core. This means you will be working with highly complex, robust systems and high scale and working with cutting edge languages (most of our packet core is written is Rust) and technologies (we fully embrace cloud-native technologies such as Kubernetes for example).
As Lead Rust Engineer You will:
- Full life cycle of software development: specification, high and low-level design work, coding, regression testing, problem investigation, debugging and fixing
- Owning and delivering complex single-person projects
- Lead a team to deliver multi-person projects, ensuring high carrier-grade quality bar is met and providing technical guidance to less experienced developers.
- Providing technical insight and clarity that shapes the whole project (from design guidance, task estimation and technical risk analysis).
To be successful You’ll have:
- Experience as a technical lead for a team of 4 engineers
- Expertise in Rust - ideally developing commercial grade Rust-based microservices.
- CNCF technologies especially: Kubernetes, Helm, Prometheus
So, if you are an experienced Lead Rust Engineer with knowledge in the areas above and a desire to join an established organisation, who are shaping the way we communicate in the future, we would love to hear from you.
To say thank You You’ll receive:
Very competitive salary, flexible working, private medical cover, non-contributory pension plan, plus many more.
Metaswitch is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded
Please follow the CV Upload link to apply…