Who are Metaswitch?
Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company. We develop commercial and open-source software solutions that are constructively disrupting the way that service providers build, scale, innovate and account for communication services. The company was established over 35 years ago and we now have over 800 employees across the world, including the UK and US.
We are recruiting talented and motivated people, to join us as a Procurement Apprentice. You do not need any experience – just an interest in procurement, technology, a passion for solving complex problems and a willingness to take on big challenges.
This Apprenticeship will be based in our North London (Enfield) office and will start in September 2020.
The Procurement Apprenticeship
Metaswitch’s Commercial Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship is a 2-year program with 80% of your time working at Metaswitch and 20% of your time spent studying. On successful completion of the course and passing the appropriate exams you will gain the Level 4 CIPS Diploma in Procurement and Supply.
Where will you fit into Metaswitch?
You will join the Procurement team, which is responsible for all end customer and internal IT procurement from a range of international suppliers delivering to customers worldwide.
You will be involved in a wide range of activities including: -
- Raising Purchase Orders and submitting to suppliers to fulfil customer requirements
- Price negotiation
- Reporting on royalties
- Liaising with suppliers and internal customers
- Preparation of tenders and appropriate documentation
- Process improvement and documentation
- Data analysis and report creation.
What do you need?
For this position, we need someone who has the following.
- 2 A levels grade C or above, preferably Maths & English or would consider 2 years relevant work experience
- Interest in technology
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Methodical approach to tasks and problem solving
- Flexibility around work hours particularly at quarter end
What’s in it for you?
- £20,000 salary
- 20 days holiday (increases throughout your service)
- Eligibility for some great perks, including an excellent non-contributory pension, life assurance, health insurance and eligibility for our bonus plan.
In addition to all of this, we have team and office morale events with a very generous budget. Activities can vary from dinner/drinks, bowling or go-karting with your team mates, to a day or weekend away with a larger group.
You will also have the opportunity to take part in a wide variety of other sports and activities – including football, badminton, bridge, board games and tag rugby, to name but a few.
To apply please upload your CV, or email a copy along with a covering letter outlining why you are interested in joining our Apprenticeship programme, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.