The Procurement Manager position will be responsible for managing a number of existing suppliers / partners, negotiation of contract variations along with supplier selection, contract negotiation and ongoing management of new suppliers. You will be working as part of a small team based in the UK and US, with the primary focus of the team being around software for resale and / or incorporation into the company’s products or offerings. The team also has responsibility for customer hardware, internal IT, hardware & software maintenance, professional services and HR, as the business grows, there is a strong possibility that procurement will expand into other categories.
Within the procurement team we manage 200 hardware, software and professional services suppliers, with the volume of activity trending towards software contracts. We have consolidated most of our hardware purchasing under an outsourced partner.
This is a global role and the successful candidate will be responsible for the following: -
- Contract negotiation and ongoing relationship management of multiple complex contracts totalling several $m's, with discretion to commit and close lower value contracts. Majority of contracts controlled are critical to the order and revenue targets of Metaswitch along with delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Tracking and pushing for best deals on renewals
- Strong support of sales community for specific customer opportunities: -
• Negotiating customer specific commercial terms
• Improving services or features
• Negotiating flow down terms
• Protecting margin
• Reducing risk
- Expected to deliver savings in excess of own salary without compromising risk, quality, lead times or performance, whilst maintaining exceptional supplier relationships
- Proactively identify savings opportunities
- Provide strong influence on spend along with authorising invoice payments.
- Communicating with business leaders to understand and deliver business requirements
- Project management and coordination of virtual teams to conclude multiple ongoing projects
- Creating and communicating processes for delivery of product and supplier royalty reporting
- Holding quarterly business reviews with our main suppliers/licensors
- Educate stakeholders outside the department on benefits of utilising procurement.
- Coaching and mentoring of junior team members
Qualifications and Experience
For this position, we need someone who has -
- Strong software contracting, leadership, and coordination skills, including
- direct experience with successful management of software contract negotiation, creation, and successful conclusion
- proven capability of cost saving negotiations
- ability to mitigate risk while maximising opportunity
- ongoing relationship management through strength of communication
- working with international companies
- Experienced dealing with cultural variances that are met in servicing a global customer base.
- Solid planning and Interpersonal skills.
- strong project management capabilities
- communication excellence - ability to drive to the core of an issue and focus
- ability to work with and motivate others who have a variety of corporate objectives.
- demonstrated success in working with (external or internal) customers and successful coordination in fulfilling customer/field requirements or managing situations where requirements cannot be met.
The following skills and experiences would be a plus
- Being technically savvy with software industry knowledge, knowledge of telecom service providers a plus
- Success with differing communication and self-management styles.
- Ability to refine process, style, actions to be in line with different management styles - flexibility of style.
- Ability to work independently; self-managed; self-motivated - shown through experience and accomplishments.
- Strong negotiation skills, knowledge of industry standard provisions in software agreements for sublicensing/redistribution
- General procurement experience a plus
The successful candidate will be based out of our office in Enfield.
Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
All of our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, which is a combination of what you would expect from a modern, well-managed organisation - along with one or two specials of our own. The company also operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for 30 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
To apply for this position, please send a
· comprehensive CV
· covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.