The Professional Services team
The Professional Services team is a vital part of the overall Metaswitch organization. The Professional Services team has played a key role in the successful deployment of Metaswitch equipment to provide next generation voice services in 500 carriers’ networks.
The global PS team is comprised of a combination of
- industry veterans with a vast range of experience in delivering network solutions to our customers
- engineers that previously worked in the product development team and in many cases wrote the software that they are now deploying.
The Professional Service team works closely with our customer base to assist them with design, implementation and troubleshooting of deployments involving a wide range of Metaswitch and partner products. Metaswitch’s customer base continues to grow worldwide, and as a part of this, we are now expanding the Professional Service team.
This role will be supporting VoIP, IMS and VoLTE deployments, mainly for the Latin American and North American regions. Experience with Metaswitch products is desirable, however if you do not have this experience then you should be a fast learner! This role will be performed onsite in our Mexico City office, being part of the local projects’ design and implementation teams. You would report directly into a Metaswitch manager, who will control tasks, scope, etc.
Successful candidates will become a full part of the Metaswitch Professional Service team, working with customers on a wide range of tasks, including the following,
- Helping the customer and project team to identify the technical solution details during the design phase of the projects
- Writing technical documentation for each of the projects, including High Level Design, Low Level Designs, Acceptance Test Protocols, As-built documentation.
- Instantiating, commissioning and configuring VoIP, IMS or VoLTE network elements, and integrating them to the customer’s network
- Supporting on trunk and subscriber migrations
- Troubleshooting test cases and verifying configurations
For this position, we’re looking for a candidate who has:
- at least 3 years’ experience working in the Telecoms industry supporting Tier 2/3 carriers in Latin America
- an aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems
- energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- good technical writing skills
- business awareness – understand project costs, changes in scope and relevant revenue milestones.
Experience in the following areas and technologies is highly desirable:
- Deploying, operating and troubleshooting SIP-based voice networks, including SIP telephony architecture and protocols.
- Deploying, operating and troubleshooting IMS and/or VoLTE networks (highly desirable)
- Linux enterprise operating systems such as Red Hat.
- IPv4/v6 networking, DNS, switching and routing, including use of common troubleshooting tools
- OSS/BSS integration including experience with protocols such as SNMP and RADIUS.
- Hands-on knowledge on Virtual platforms (VMWare or OpenStack)
- Basic script programming in Python, JSON, SOAP/XML (highly desirable)
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
To apply for this position, please submit a comprehensive resume (including all academic grades) to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.