Metaswitch is now looking to recruit a Professional Services engineer in Dallas dedicated to working with a Tier 1 Service Provider, working primarily with the Service Provider’s Maintenance Engineering lab.
After an initial training and ramp-up period, successful candidates will become a full part of the Metaswitch Professional Services team delivering into a Tier1 Service Provider, with responsibilities including the following.
As an on-site Metaswitch Professional Services Engineer:
- Overall ensuring project success and customer satisfaction in order to drive business growth and renewal
- Understand their role in achieving commercial and financial objectives in the account, and identify and address or raise related risks.
- Acting as on-site single point of contact, liaising between the Service Provider and Metaswitch internal resources.
- Monitor quality metrics for deployed product to ensure deployment achieves customer quality targets
- Support pre-sales processes providing Professional Services input to help Account Managers win new business
- Ensuring that issues found are tracked and driving them to resolution.
Providing the following specific technical services within the current project:
- Assistance with installation and configuration of Metaswitch solutions in the Service Provider’s lab
- Validation of methods of procedure.
- Assistance with system level analysis of defects, focussing on the APIs, features and function of Metaswitch provided components.
- Transfer of skills required to operate components of Metaswitch solutions and validation of provided designs in lab environment.
- a high degree of commercial acumen, able to support the Program Manager and Account Manager in achieving bookings and revenue objectives.
- a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science, business or telecommunications discipline.
- at least 5 years’ experience working in the Telecoms industry supporting Tier 1 carriers and preferably experience of deploying into Tier 1 Service Providers
- an aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems
- energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- strong operational and project management background – ability to contribute to and drive large complex projects to completion
- ability to build and maintain strong relationships within Tier 1 service provides and with a focus on customer and business success.
Experience in the following areas and technologies is highly desirable.
- Deployment of virtual network functions in OpenStack including use of HEAT templates.
- Linux enterprise operating systems such as Red Hat.
- Cloud and container environments such as Kubernetes.
- SIP telephony architecture and protocols.
- IPv4/v6 networking, DNS, switching and routing.
- Public key cryptography, certificates and TLS transport security.
- Tier 1 OSS/BSS integration including experience with protocols such as SNMP and RADIUS.