The Sales Director role
Metaswitch is the world’s leading network software provider powering the transition of communication networks into a cloud-based, software-centric, all-IP future. Our leading-edge software and hardware products are used by some of the biggest names in the telecommunications and IT industry, such as AT&T, Sprint, Telstra, and many others.
Sales Directors are responsible for building and maintaining effective customer relationships, networking at all levels within an organization up to Chief Executive & Board Level to leverage opportunity using technical knowledge and appropriate sales techniques.
The successful candidate will be involved in identifying, managing and closing business that provides networking software protocols, services, and solutions to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and system integrators of all types throughout the assigned accounts or geography. The Sales AM/Director actively participates in all significant sales and marketing plans to expand their base of business within their accounts and overall marketplace.
- Meeting established revenue generation goals and assigned MBO (management by objective) goals.
- Creating, developing and managing a healthy pipeline of sales opportunities.
- Qualifying those sales opportunities according to criteria agreed with the Sales SVP.
- Converting sales opportunities to closed business by managing the entire sales cycle.
- Identifying fit between our solutions and the customer requirements, in collaboration with the pre-sales engineering and product management teams.
- Developing strategic account plans for major opportunities.
- Negotiating commercial terms, contracts and agreements.
- Managing existing customer relationships, in co-ordination with the customer support team and escalating issues internally as required, to ensure customer satisfaction and identify opportunities for follow-on sales.
- Supporting global business development efforts by working with our partners’ regional representatives.
- Developing regional partnerships as appropriate to support business development within the region.
- Developing and implementing sales strategies whilst keeping short and long term goals in perspective.
- Substantial sales management experience with communications providers in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- A wide background in sales with Tier 1 telecommunications organizations, ideally PCCW/HKT, CHT, FarEasTone, Taiwan Mobile.
- Network infrastructure sales experience, with a focus on UC / enterprise segment.
- Primary experience with a direct sales model, augmented with solid experience selling network infrastructure solutions (software/hardware) through channels / SI.
- Background experience primarily in mobile. Preference to those with addition experience in fixed line and cable.
- A demonstrated capability and desire to be in front of customers driving business individually as a sales executive, in addition to managing a virtual team.
- A thorough and developed technical knowledge around the importance of virtualisation, different network types, and a variety of deployment models.
- Excellent communication skills combined with a confident and outgoing personality with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of seniority.
- Native Chinese speaker. Fluency in spoken and written English.
- A BA/BS degree (an MS/MBA would be advantageous).
We are looking for exceptional people and your initial salary will reflect your exceptional skills and ability. Your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a substantial bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and challenging job in a well-managed and successful company. Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people and we demonstrate that in a number of ways including regular funded “morale events” from lunches or evenings out with your team to weekends away.
Every employee has a career development plan with no limitations on the direction your career will take within Metaswitch.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. Firstly, you will have a telephone interview with one of the Sales Managers. This will give you an opportunity to find out more about the role and find out whether you are suited to Metaswitch. If successful, you will then normally be asked to come in to one of our offices for a series of interviews.
To apply for this position, please send a
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role to our email address email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.