The Sales Director, CALA is responsible for building and maintaining effective customer relationships. This includes establishing detailed strategy and execution plans. The Sales Director will also be required to network at all levels within the organization including executives in order to leverage opportunity through incorporating technical knowledge and appropriate sales techniques.
The successful candidate will be involved in identifying, managing and closing business that provides telecommunications infrastructure and applications within the territory. The Sales Director actively participates in all significant sales and marketing plans, and works closely with the Metaswitch business units to expand their base of business within their accounts and overall marketplace.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Meeting established revenue generation goals
- Creating, developing and managing a healthy pipeline of sales opportunities
- Qualifying those sales opportunities according to criteria agreed with the Sales management team
- Converting sales opportunities to closed business by managing the entire sales cycle including
- Presenting Metaswitch’s value proposition
- Identifying fit between our solutions and the customer requirements, in collaboration with the pre-sales engineering and product management teams
- Developing strategic account plans for major opportunities
- Structuring proposals that address the prospect’s needs and contributes to Metaswitch’s bottom line
- Negotiating commercial terms, contracts and agreements
- Managing existing customer relationships, in coordination with the customer support team and escalating issues internally as required, to ensure customer satisfaction and identify opportunities for follow-on sales
- Supporting global business development efforts by working with our partners’ regional representatives
- Developing regional partnerships as appropriate to support business development within the region
- Developing and implementing sales strategies whilst keeping short and long term goals in perspective.
The successful candidate must have
- a minimum 6 years progressive successful experience in sales with an emphasis on selling Software Networking Solutions into major telecom operators
- experience selling mobility solutions from a wireless technology portfolio to solve technologically advanced clients’ business needs
- a strong interest in and knowledge of the technology that underpins the solutions we sell
- substantial telecoms-oriented sales experience targeting major accounts in CALA, including fixed line mobile, Internet or combined carriers plus applications providers (experience with the America Movil group strongly preferred)
- a working knowledge of telecom voice core and applications/services, virtualization/cloud trends and associated technologies
- the ability to create, develop and sustain relationships at the Executive levels of prospective client companies and partner alliances
- proven capability to develop and manage sales opportunities from beginning to end, including qualification proposal creation, negotiation and closing
- the ability to excel in a fast-paced, team environment with a passion for selling and customer focus
- excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills as well as being an aggressive go-getter with high energy levels and an inherent hunger for sales
- a natural “hunting” instinct.
- BA/BSc (MBA/MSc would be advantageous)
Location and Travel
The candidate will be based in our Mexico office and must be willing to travel to customer locations throughout Latin America and, less frequently, to Metaswitch offices in Europe and the USA.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. Initially, you may be Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. Initially, you will be asked to take part in a short telephone interview. You will then normally be asked to come in for one office visit where you will meet with team members and senior management.
To apply for this position, please send a:
- comprehensive resume
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role.
to our email address email@example.com
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer AA M/F/Veteran/Disability.