Metaswitch is seeking a full time Sales Engineer to be based in Mexico. This role is suitable for experienced pre-sales telecoms engineers with experience selling to Telecoms service providers in Mexico. Ideally the candidate has developed a healthy business social network in product management and testing lab environments in the service provider networks.
The Sales Engineer (SE) is accountable for developing, designing, and assisting in the sale of our complex telecom solutions.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Providing pre-sales support to the Sales Executive team; contributing to sales goals to meet divisional sales revenue goals.
- Presenting products and staffing booths at customer meetings, trade shows and trade conferences.
- Delivering technical and architectural responses to RFx documents.
- Participating in customer network design processes.
- Assisting/participating in bid/RFP/RFQ processes, and uncovering opportunities.
We are ideally looking for someone who has a minimum of 5 (or more) years experience in Telecoms Sales Engineering, designing solutions. A thorough understanding of voice and data networking technologies is essential and the following technical expertise is required:
- NGN/Softswitch and IMS architecture, network elements, and protocols (SIP, DIAMETER, H.323, etc)
- Mobile (3G / 4G) voice experience.
- SS7 / Intelligent Networks (ISUP/INAP/CAMEL) architecture and protocols.
- Web 2.0 technologies (XML, SOAP, REST, etc).
- Experience and understanding of virtualization and datacenter design, through VMware or OpenStack.
- IP Networking Protocols such as TCP, DHCP, ARP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS, HTTP, FTP, etc.
- Network Management: SNMP & network management platforms.
- Exposure to voice applications such as Voice Mail, PrePaid systems, IVR, etc.
- Working knowledge of client-server architectures, database servers and communication servers, especially as it relates to network configurations, optimisations, troubleshooting and diagnostics.
The successful candidate will have the following personal attributes:
- Attention to detail and solid communication skills
- Sales ability and experience
- The ability to work well in a team, or independently
- The ability to interact with all levels of customer management
- A telecommunications engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel (moderate heavy to extensive)
- Ability to coordinate multiple and simultaneous projects effectively
- Expert PC skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and have the ability to effectively access and utilise internal and external websites.
Must be fluent in English and Spanish (with Brazilian Portuguese a bonus).
Location and Travel
This role will sit out of our new office in Mexico City. Territory of responsibility covers Mexico and certain Central and South America countries.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including profit sharing, company share plan, retirement contribution, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
To apply for this position, please send a
- comprehensive resume
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions please contact Colleen Dietmeyer at the same address.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer AA M/F/Veteran/Disability.