The Professional Services Team
The Professional Services team is a vital part of the overall Metaswitch organisation. The team has played a key role in the successful deployment of Metaswitch equipment to provide next generation voice services in over 700 carriers’ networks worldwide. Our customers have consistently reported the exceptional quality of Metaswitch’s professional services engineers as one of our key differentiators.
Your team will comprise of
- industry veterans with a vast range of experience deploying our technology
- engineers that previously worked in the product development team and in many cases wrote the software that they are now deploying.
The Professional Services team works closely with our customer base to assist them with design, implementation and troubleshooting of deployments involving a wide range of Metaswitch and partner products.
Metaswitch has now opened up an exciting opportunity for a Professional Services Consultant Engineer in Kansas City or Reston dedicated to working with a Tier 1 Service Provider’s Network Performance Team to develop tools, monitoring and analytics to assess network health, fault impact and optimize fault response.
After an initial training and ramp-up period, successful candidate will play the important role of an on-site Metaswitch Professional Services Senior Network Performance Consultant Engineer delivering into a Tier1 Service Provider, with responsibilities including the following.
- Ensuring overall project success and customer satisfaction in order to drive business growth and renewal.
- Understand their role in achieving commercial and financial objectives in the account and identify and address or raise related risks.
- Acting as on-site single point of contact, liaising between the Service Provider and Metaswitch internal resources.
- Designing and helping to develop a network-wide VoLTE service assurance architecture and strategy including understanding how each of the underlying network components work together to deliver that service
- Helping to identify quality metrics for a large-scale SIP telecommunications IMS based network and VoLTE / VoWiFi services to ensure the deployment achieves customer quality targets.
- Understanding, explaining and helping to integrate analytics feeds coming from each of the deployed Metaswitch VNFs and providing recommendations for how to combine these with wider metrics to form a holistic view of service quality and user experience.
- Assisting with the integration of the analytics feed into a front-end visualization package.
- Monitoring of the resulting solution to allow proactive and reactive issue identification, triage and resolution working with customer representatives across the architecture, network deployment, care and change management teams.
- Identify new value-add opportunities and support pre-sales processes providing Professional Services input to help Account Managers win new business
- Ensuring that issues found are tracked and driving them to resolution.
- Share experience and lessons learned to help evolve Metaswitch’s product and service portfolio as offered to other customers.
Providing the following specific technical services within the current project:
In collaboration with the Service Provide Network Performance team, develop quality metrics and monitoring to assure network service health
- Ensure all required metrics are being reported across the metrics helping to drive closure in any areas where there are key gaps (both within Metaswitch products and in the wider network).
- Act as technical lead in supporting project management by helping define, design, size and prioritize activities. Creation of analytics, data visualization, tools and dashboards to present complex network performance information in a simple way enabling decisions and action to optimize the network.
- Assistance the performance team with proactive collection of operational metrics, understanding expected system-wide behaviors, identify potentially service impacting events and trends and assess overall end-to-end health of the VoLTE network.
- Ensure high quality deliverables across the range of contracted tasks and support customer acceptance.
The role is resident in the Service Provide VoLTE Service Operations Centers based in Reston and may require travel to Kansas City.
For this position, we need someone who has
- a high degree of commercial acumen, able to support the Program Manager and Account Manager in achieving bookings and revenue objectives
- a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science, business or telecommunications discipline
- at least 5 years’ experience working in the Telecoms industry supporting Tier 1 carriers and preferably experience of deploying into Tier 1 Service Providers
- an aptitude for understanding and solving technically complex problems
- the ability to think and work with high-level service definitions, map that through to the underlying components that are deployed to realize the service and understand how they work together to deliver a positive user-experience, including how to troubleshoot when things go wrong
- energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- strong operational and project management background – ability to contribute to and drive large complex projects to completion
- ability to build and maintain strong relationships within Tier 1 service provides and with a focus on customer and business success.
Experience in the following areas and technologies is highly desirable.
- Must have expert level of SIP telephony architecture and protocols as used in the core of modern service provider networks, ideally in an IMS or VoLTE environment.
- Tier 1 communication service provider operational experience and understanding of what it takes to operate a large scale voice network.
- Proven aptitude for data analysis and visualization.
- Strong background in IPv4/v6 networking, DNS, switching and routing.
- Familiarity with Linux-based operating systems
- Experience with virtual network functions in Openstack
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. As part of the process, you will be expected to complete aptitude tests, alongside 1-2 one on one interviews via remote video call.
To apply for this position, please submit a comprehensive resume to our email address email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.