Who are Metaswitch?
Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company. Our award-winning solutions help power more than 1,000 service providers and mobile operators, providing highly scalable and fault tolerant systems that run right in the core of their networks. We are internationally renowned for our exceptional technology, cutting-edge innovation and first-rate support – qualities we maintain by recruiting, and retaining, only the very best people.
We’re incredibly proud of our company culture. We have a collaborative working environment where free and open dialog is welcomed, we avoid internal politics at all costs. Our aim is to seek out the better, faster and simpler solution, while supporting, challenging and developing each other.
The Senior Technical Author role
We are now recruiting a Technical Author to join our highly skilled documentation team of ten, based in our head office in Enfield, North London.
Metaswitch have earned a reputation for exceptional customer care and our documentation is an important part of that.
Our documentation team are proactive individuals who learn fast and have a desire to share their knowledge with others. They work closely with our engineering and support teams in a friendly, supportive work environment to produce clear and concise, but technically complex, documentation for an audience primarily comprising experienced telecoms professionals.
The new author will have the opportunity to take primary responsibility for solution areas but will also get the chance to collaborate with other authors. Our documentation work is varied and includes engineering and end-user documents, embedded help, API documentation and training manuals.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Technical Author who can make an immediate contribution to the team.
After an initial training and ramp up period, the successful candidate will
· use engineering documentation and discussions with subject matter experts – some of the best and brightest minds in the industry – to understand our technologies
· create clear and effective customer-focused technical documentation, consistent with house styles and including graphics and diagrams where appropriate
· take ownership of the creation and publication of this documentation for one or more of our product families
· achieve and maintain a high level of technical proficiency in a breadth of documentation and development tools and technologies
· peer review other authors’ work within the team.
For this position, we need someone who has the following skills/attributes.
· a proven ability to understand complex technical concepts, and to explain them clearly and concisely
· experience in documenting highly technical systems for a technical audience
· strong attention to detail
· energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity
· the ability to communicate with people in a wide range of roles
· experience of topic-based authoring
· the ability to prioritize and multi-task, delivering whilst adapting to changing requirements and deadlines.
Experience in one or more of the following areas would also be advantageous.
· Telecommunications, especially mobile and networking technologies.
· Cloud, container and/or VM technologies.
· Oxygen XML Author, DITA, DITA OT, XML stylesheets, XSLT transforms.
· Source control (such as Git).
· Microsoft Office VBA.
· Working with agile teams and tools such as Jira.
· Management or team leading.
We are looking for exceptional people and your initial salary will reflect your exceptional skills and ability. Your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a substantial bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and challenging job in a well-managed and successful company. Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people – every employee has a career development plan with no limitations on the direction your career will take within Metaswitch. We also demonstrate this in a number of other ways including regular funded “morale events” from lunches or evenings out with your team to weekends away.
We want Metaswitch to be an awesome place to work and we know that when employees are trusted to manage their work/life balance, not only does it support their well-being, but increases their engagement and ultimately enables them to perform their role better. Metaswitch is pleased to take a flexible approach to working, and if you’re looking for some variability in your schedule, we encourage you to have this conversation with your interviewer!
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
First, we’ll ask you to have a telephone interview with the hiring manager. We’ll then ask you to visit our Enfield Office to complete assessments and have interviews with members of the team. We want to find out more about you, but also provide the opportunity for you to get a good ‘feel’ for the role and Metaswitch.
To apply for this position, please send a
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.