The Professional Services Team
The Professional Services team is a vital part of the overall Metaswitch organization. The team has played a key role in the successful deployment of Metaswitch equipment to provide next generation voice services in over 700 carriers’ networks worldwide. Our customers have consistently reported the exceptional quality of Metaswitch’s professional services engineers as one of our key differentiators.
Your team will comprise of
- industry veterans with a vast range of experience deploying our technology
- engineers that previously worked in the product development team and in many cases wrote the software that they are now deploying.
The Professional Services team works closely with our customer base to assist them with design, implementation and troubleshooting of deployments involving a wide range of Metaswitch and partner products.
Metaswitch is now looking to recruit a Professional Services engineer in North America dedicated to defining the requirements for the migration process to the Metaswitch UC solution including definition of the process, automation tool requirements, methodology and training for customers in North America and globally.
After an initial training and ramp-up period, successful candidates will become a full part of the Metaswitch Professional Services Migrations team dedicated to designing and delivering migration of Unified Communication services onto the Metaswitch solution. Responsibilities include the following.
As a Metaswitch Professional Services UC Migrations Engineer:
- Act as technical expert and interface between Metaswitch customers and internal engineering teams
- Achieve high quality, low impact Unified Communications migrations, ensuring customer solution success, adoptions and seat growth.
- Drive quality and efficiency improvements in migration process
- Understand their role in achieving commercial and financial objectives relating to Unified Communications adoption, and identify and address or raise related risks.
- Support pre-sales processes and provide input to help Account Managers win new business
- Ensuring that issues found are tracked and driving them to resolution.
Providing the following specific technical services within the current project
- Consult with customers on end-to-end UC migrations strategy, agreeing and signing off detailed feature mapping, migrations process and tool requirements, changes in end user experience, training and so on.
- Perform detailed feature and usage mapping analysis from existing commonly deployed UC solutions to the Metaswitch platform.
- Consult with the Metaswitch Professional Services Migrations team to adapt and customize migration tools for specific client projects.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on industry Unified Communications solutions
- Monitoring and oversight of UC migrations, ensuring service integrity and providing analysis of field issues found during the migration process.
The role is expected to be based in one of Metaswitch North American offices in Reston, VA, the San Francisco Bay Area, or Frisco, TX. Remote working may be considered for suitable applicants. It will require travel within the US approx. 40% is typically expected. Trips of one or more nights per week are typical, long durations such as 2 weeks are not frequent.
For this position, we need someone who has
- at least 5 years’ experience working in the Telecoms industry in a Unified Communications environment and preferably experience of deploying into Tier 1 Service Providers
- strong operational and project management background – ability to contribute to and drive large complex projects to completion
- a high degree of commercial acumen, able to support the Program Manager and Account Manager in achieving bookings and revenue objectives.
- a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science, business or telecommunications discipline.
- an aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems
- energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to build and maintain strong relationships within Service Provider organizations and with a focus on customer and business success.
Experience in the following areas and technologies is highly desirable.
- Must have expert level of Unified Communications and SIP telephony architecture and protocols as used in the core of modern service provider networks.
- A deep level of experience with commonly deployed Unified Communications solutions
- Communication Service Provider operational experience and understanding of what it takes to operate a large scale Unified Communications networks
- Familiarity with Linux-based operating systems
- Experience with virtual network functions in Openstack or VMware
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. As part of the process, you will be expected to complete aptitude tests, alongside 1-2 one on one interviews via remote video call.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.