The Software Engineer role
Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company. Our award-winning solutions help power more than 1,000 service providers and mobile operators, providing highly scalable and fault tolerant systems that run right in the core of their networks. We are internationally renowned for our exceptional technology, cutting-edge innovation and first-rate support – qualities we maintain by only recruiting, and retaining, the very best people.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Software Engineer into our Professional Services automation development team based in our Belfast office. This team is responsible helping our 130-person Professional Services team need to carry out their roles as effectively as possible by identifying and implementing tools to automate their tasks.
In this role you will be responsible for the following.
- Working within an agile scrum team.
- All aspects of the of software development cycle including specification, design, coding, (regression) testing, problem investigation, debugging and fixing.
- Task estimation and progress tracking.
- Working with our Professional Services engineers to understand and analyse their workflows and propose appropriate solutions to help improve their efficiency.
For this position, we need someone who has the following skills/attributes.
- Experience in software engineering.
- Expertise in the Python programming language.
- Excellent communications skills.
- A versatile and creative mind with good problem-solving abilities.
- Self-motivation, energy and discipline.
- Self-sufficient, but with the ability to work effectively in a team.
Successful candidates would also, ideally, have familiarity with some or all of the following areas.
- Web development.
- VMware and/or OpenStack.
- A variety of development tools and applications, including Subversion and Git code-management systems and the JIRA issue tracking system.
- Agile software development methodologies, particularly SCRUM.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. Firstly, you will have a telephone interview with one of the Engineering Managers. This will give you an opportunity to find out more about the role and find out whether you are suited to Metaswitch. If successful, you will then normally be asked to come in to one of our offices for a series of interviews.
To apply for this position, please send a
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.