Software Engineer, Belfast
Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company. Our award-winning solutions help power more than 1,000 service providers and mobile operators, providing highly scalable and fault tolerant systems that run right in the core of their networks. We are internationally renowned for our exceptional technology, cutting-edge innovation and first-rate support – qualities we maintain by only recruiting, and retaining, the very best people.
We are looking to recruit a senior software engineer to be the technical lead in our Professional Services migrations development team based in our Belfast office.
As a member of the migrations development team you will work alongside seasoned veterans and new graduate engineers, developing new features and enhancements to our industry leading tools which transfer service from customers legacy systems to our Metaswitch systems.
After an initial training and ramp-up period, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following.
• Providing technical leadership and mentoring to the team.
• Providing sizing and delivery estimates to our sales team.
- Full lifecycle of software development including specification, high and low-level design work, coding, regression testing, problem investigation, debugging and fixing.
- Task estimation and progress tracking.
- Working closely with our customer facing migration execution team to deliver the tools that they need.
For this position, we need someone who has the following skills/attributes.
· Extensive experience in software engineering.
· Ability to design new systems and drive incremental design and process updates to existing systems.
· Excellent communications skills, a versatile and creative mind with good problem-solving abilities, self-motivation, energy and discipline.
· Self-sufficient, but with the ability to work effectively in a team and help develop other team members.
Successful candidates would also desirably have familiarity with some or all of the following areas of expertise.
- A range of programming languages, especially Python and shell script
- Knowledge of a variety of development tools and applications, including Subversion and Git code-management systems
- A good understanding of the telecoms industry would be a benefit but not mandatory.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. Firstly, you will have a telephone interview with one of the Engineering Managers. This will give you an opportunity to find out more about the role and find out whether you are suited to Metaswitch. If successful, you will then normally be asked to come in to one of our offices for a series of interviews.
We want Metaswitch to be an awesome place to work and we know that when employees are trusted to manage their work/life balance, not only does it support their well-being, but increases their engagement and ultimately enables them to perform their role better. Metaswitch is pleased to take a flexible approach to working, and if you’re looking for some variability in your schedule, we encourage you to have this conversation with your interviewer!
Can you please add include this in any job ads moving forward?
To apply for this position, please send a :-
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.