The Professional Services team
The Professional Services team is a vital part of the overall Metaswitch organization, which has played a key role in the successful deployment of Metaswitch equipment to provide next generation voice services in 500 carriers’ networks. Our customers have consistently reported the exceptional quality of Metaswitch’s services team as one of our key differentiators.
The team is comprised of a combination of
- industry veterans with a vast range of experience
- engineers that previously worked in the product development team and in many cases wrote the software that they are now deploying.
The Professional Services team works closely with our customer base to assist them with design, implementation and troubleshooting of deployments involving a wide range of Metaswitch and partner products. Together with our Program Manager, our PSE take on responsibility for the end to end design and quality of implementation of our projects, ensuring that our technical deliverables are completed on time, on budget and to the highest quality.
Metaswitch's customer base continues to grow, and therefore we are expanding the Professional Services team in Asia which will be part of our centralized resource pool for global team.
Successful candidates will work closely with Professional Services and Customer Care Engineers, Program Manager, partners and our customers. Duties will include the following.
- Delivery work which includes systems/network solution design, commissioning/installation, systems testing, integration and user acceptance works
- Assisting with turn up of new services, and migration of existing services from legacy platforms.
- Performing demo/POC (proof of concept) or setting lab systems of Metaswitch solutions
- Preparation and execution of ATP (Acceptance Test Plan) and UAT (User Acceptance Test)
- Assisting with resolution of any defects found in Metaswitch and partner equipment and software.
- Maintaining regular communication regarding all aspects of their Metaswitch deployment.
- Anticipating issues to keep projects on track
- Travelling to customer sites for project delivery work within the APAC as well as to EMEA region
- Providing feedback to our Engineering and Product Management teams.
We believe in hands-on training, so the successful candidate will very quickly find themselves working directly with our customers on large, complex projects that are vital to their business success.
For this role, we need candidate to have the following:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience working in the Telecoms industry in project delivery/implementation and technical support roles
- Strong technical skills and deep knowledge of IP, VOIP, SIP protocols, and troubleshooting communications networks
- Knowledge on PS/CS core networks, VOIP Softswitch and Gateway, SBCs, mobile 3G, VoLTE/IMS
- Knowledge on unified communication IP-PBX, Hosted PBX, IP Call Center, Softclients. SIP Trunking
- Knowledge on cloud native communications, VNFs, NFVs
- Significant experience deploying solutions in operators’ core network
- The ability to gather and analyse information to clarify issues or making decisions
- An aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems
- Energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity
- The ability to quickly and self-sufficiently acquire new technical knowledge
- An interest in carrier grade communications software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Fluency in other languages, especially any of Bahasa, Thai and Mandarin, is also desirable.
We offer a highly competitive package that will reflect the experience of the individual.
- Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
- All of our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, as you would expect from a modern, well-managed organisation.
- The company operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
We want Metaswitch to be an awesome place to work and we know that when employees are trusted to manage their work/life balance, not only does it support their well-being, but increases their engagement and ultimately enables them to perform their role better. Metaswitch is pleased to take a flexible approach to working, and if you’re looking for some variability in your schedule, we encourage you to have this conversation with your interviewer!
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for 30 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. First, we’ll ask you to have a telephone interview with the hiring manager, followed by in-person assessments and interviews with members of the team. We want to find out more about you, but also provide the opportunity for you to get a good ‘feel’ for the role and Metaswitch. It’s a big decision for both of us.
Please send a comprehensive CV to email@example.com. If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same email address. We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.