JOB DESCRIPTION – Senior Sales Engineer
Metaswitch is seeking a full time Sales Engineer to be based out of the US. The Sales Engineer actively participates in sales activities and works closely with the relevant Metaswitch business units to expand their base of business within the account and overall marketplace.
This role is suitable for experienced pre-sales telecoms engineers with experience winning deals at large mobile operators or MSOs throughout the US. Ideally the candidate has developed a healthy business social network with key personnel at major operators in the US, perhaps via product management or engineering in the service provider networks.
The key responsibilities are as follows.
- Providing pre-sales support to the Sales Executive team; contributing to sales goals to meet divisional sales revenue goals.
- Presenting products and running sessions at customer meetings, trade shows and trade conferences.
- Delivering technical and architectural solutions to customer requirements
- Participating in customer network design processes.
- Assisting/participating in bid/RFP/RFQ processes, writing proposals and solution guides.
- Uncovering opportunities for Metaswitch products and services at customers.
- Liaising with key functions within Metaswitch such as product line management and marketing, trials, finance and development.
A thorough understanding of mobile and unified communications technologies is essential, as well as experience supporting the sales process in large communications service providers. The following skills are expected:
- 5+ years of experience in a sales engineering role or similar involving selling EPC, IMS or UC solutions to major communications service providers.
- Understanding of SIP telephony and packet core architecture and protocols.
- Familiarity with IP networking protocols such as TCP/IP, IPv6, DNS, IP routing etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of cloud and virtualization technologies such as OpenStack and containers.
- Capable of working independently and managing time, whether in our office or from home.
- Proven track record of evaluating sound business opportunities and closing new business.
- The ability to interact at all levels of organization.
- Capacity to handle multiple priorities and demands and meet commitments in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong team-oriented work ethic, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will be based out of their home office or one of Metaswitch’s US offices. Frequent travel to customer sites is required, typically in the Denver, Dallas, NY/NJ, Atlanta and San Francisco metro areas.
For this position, we are offering a competitive starting package depending on experience.
Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
- a performance related bonus plan, equitably rewarding employees for their contribution and encouraging long-term commitment
- an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for over 35 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. Initially, you will be asked to take part in a short telephone interview. You will then normally be asked to come in for one office visit.
Metaswitch has a long-standing commitment to diversity and we recognize that it is a critical factor in successful innovation. Different people bring different perspectives, ideas, knowledge and culture – and we embrace these differences as a source of strength.
To apply for this position, please send a
- comprehensive resume
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address email@example.com
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer AA M/F/Veteran/Disability.