The Support Engineering Manager role
The Customer Support team is a vital part of the overall Metaswitch organization. One of Metaswitch’s core values is to provide exceptional customer service and support, and our customers have consistently reported the exceptional quality of Metaswitch’s customer support as one of our key differentiators. Beyond the usual support options -- installation, commissioning and migration services, 24/7 maintenance support, training, and custom professional services -- Metaswitch brings an attitude that says our company’s success depends on our customers’ success. We have built an envied, world class support organization in support of that mantra. We are excited to announce that we are now expanding our support team in Northern Ireland and are searching for talented Support Engineering Managers/Technical Leads to continue our tradition of delivering top quality support to our customers.
This role will be responsible for managing or helping lead a team of Support Engineers who are responsible for delivering customer satisfaction by ensuring that our customers receive a high-quality, timely service, and an efficient, productive and motivated team. This involves
- Taking ownership of all aspects of the team and its success, including full personnel responsibility for the team members.
- Providing technical leadership and mentoring to the team.
- Managing multi-phase, multi-product projects against committed timelines & handling team resource.
- Handling any escalations from engineers & customers, ensuring the team has a plan to contain and resolve the issue.
- Driving ongoing personal development, coaching and motivation for engineers.
- Increasing team productivity by ensuring the team has the support, tools, training and systems necessary to deliver excellent service efficiently.
For this position, we need someone who has
- strong technical leadership skills, including in high pressure situations
- raw smarts and strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- excellent communication skills, including in customer-facing situations
- strong interpersonal and people development skills
- a good understanding of the telecoms industry, ideally with knowledge of US telecoms
- lots of energy and drive
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
The first stage will involve a telephone interview with the hiring manager to assess your suitability to the role. The next stage will be an interview at our Belfast office where you will be asked to complete some short exercises and have interviews with senior members of the team.
To apply for this position, please send a
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.