(FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
The Information manager role
Metaswitch, the world’s leading cloud native communications software company, is seeking a Manager for their internal knowledge systems. Efficient transfer and retention of knowledge is key to our success as a company and this role is central to managing our information systems, supporting their use throughout the rest of the company and enhancing the systems we offer.
We are currently looking for someone to take this role on a fixed term contract for a year.
This is a varied role, covering a mix of day to day advice to our employees on how best to use our information systems as well as the development and implementation of broader “Information Management” initiatives as we evolve those systems. Among other things the role will include:
- managing our primary internal wiki, running on Confluence
- providing a helpdesk service for knowledge systems queries and concerns
- implementing policies and improvements to the structure and curation of content in our knowledge systems
- monitoring to ensure content owners are properly maintaining their information, and generating and delivering reports
- working to promote a positive culture of content management within the company
- identifying areas for improvement in Metaswitch content management and agreeing and coordinating plans of action to address these
- Software asset management (Ideal)
Explicit Knowledge Management experience would be beneficial but is not required for this role. We are looking for someone with the following:
- good A-levels and, ideally, a bachelor’s degree
- familiarity with content management systems (such as Confluence and SharePoint)
- excellent written and communication skills and a good attention to detail
- strong administrative and organizational skills
- coordination and persuasion skills in cross-organisational contexts
- the ability to work independently
- A strong technical background with experience of IT systems, database interrogation and basic script development would be highly advantageous but is not essential.
Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
All of our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, which is a combination of what you would expect from a modern, well-managed organisation - along with one or two specials of our own. The company also operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for 30 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organisation with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
To apply for this position, please submit a comprehensive resume (including all academic grades) to http://careers.metaswitch.com/careers/apply/applyonline.aspx?mode=Apply&type=Cv&campaign=551
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.