The Systems Technical Lead role
Technical lead who is hands-on required for a small but focused team delivering projects in an agile environment. Should also be able to manage, mentor and develop junior team members as well as be hands on in the design and implementation of new and existing systems. Support and help define best practice. Able to advise on architecture to support new and existing systems.
- Be a hands-on Technical lead
- Manage a team of 2-3 developers of 1-3 years’ experience
- Work closely with users, gathering business requirements and designing appropriate solutions
- Manage, design & implement delivery of quality solutions to the business
- Promote quality solutions for a project, both internally and externally. This may be a standalone solution or part of a larger engagement
- Support the team during the solution implementation by providing specific technical hands on knowledge
- Ability to manage a team of 3-4 developers
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously, with high level of self-motivation.
- Ability to interface competently with all levels of user, including the CEO
- Ability to work closely with users to understand complex processes and requirements and to translate them into designs
- Strong hands-on technical skills in the following technologies
- Microsoft SQLServer
- ASP, ASP.NET, VB, MVC, C#, Excel
Experience of Agile, GIT, JIRA, Test-Driven Development, Unit Testing, Continuous Integration and Delivery would be beneficial.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
The first stage will involve a telephone interview with the hiring manager to assess your suitability to the role. The next stage will be an interview at one of our Metaswitch offices where you will be asked to complete some short exercises and have interviews with senior members of the team.
To apply for this position, please send a
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.