The Technical Support Engineer role at Metaswitch
Metaswitch is the world's leading cloud native communications software company, constructively disrupting the way in which service providers innovate, build and scale their communication services. Our award-winning solutions power the networks for over 1,000 service provider and mobile operators.
We are excited to announce that we are expanding our global Professional Services & Customer Care operations and are searching for experienced Technical Support Engineers to join our Mexico City office.
Roles and Responsibilities
After an initial training period, successful candidates will work with customers as Professional Services and / or Customer Care Engineers on a wide range of tasks.
Professional Services include:
- Deployment, integration and acceptance testing of Metaswitch’s products in customers’ fixed line and mobile voice networks
- Branding and customisation of Metaswitch applications
- Planning and execution of migration services to cut existing voice subscribers over onto the newly deployed network
- Delivery of IP & voice network design services
- Commissioning of virtualisation / cloud infrastructure onto which Metaswitch VNFs are deployed.
Customer Care Engineering involves:
- Responding to critical incidents to ensure rapid restoration of service
- Resolving defects or configuration issues found in Metaswitch and partner equipment and software
- Assisting customers with maintenance activities, such as upgrades
- Working with customers to ensure the successful operation and high availability of voice services.
In both roles, the Technical Support Engineer must act with a high degree of autonomy, combining deep technical expertise with strong analytical reasoning to make sound decisions and provide reliable guidance to our customers. The Technical Support Engineer’s primary internal interfaces are with Project Managers and L3 Engineering.
Successful candidates will be based in the Metaswitch office in Mexico City, and must be willing to travel to customer sites within the Americas region. Occasional travel will be required to other regions for conferences and meetings.
- A recognized degree in a Telecoms, IT, Computer Science, or Networking-related subject
- 5+ years of experience working in the Telecoms industry in roles such as Technical Support Engineer, Level 3 Engineer, Systems Engineer, preferably in a vendor or voice service provider environment
- Strong technical skills and deep knowledge of IP, VOIP protocols (SIP), and troubleshooting communications networks
- The ability to gather and analyse information to clarify issues or make decisions
- An aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems
- Energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity
- The ability and the desire to quickly and self-sufficiently acquire new technical knowledge
- An interest in carrier grade communications software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We offer a highly competitive package that will reflect the experience of the individual.
- Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
- All of our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, as you would expect from a modern, well-managed organisation.
- The company operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for 35 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
To apply for this position, please submit a comprehensive resume (including all academic grades) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.