The L3 Test Team Manager role
Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company, constructively disrupting the way in which service providers innovate, build and scale their communication services. Our award-winning solutions power the networks of over 1,000 service provider and mobile operators globally.
We are searching for a talented Test Lead to run our L3 Support Group's Test Team in Belfast. This team is responsible for ensuring the on-time, regression-free delivery of software maintenance releases for our suite of products and solutions, as well as performing custom test projects for our most strategic customers. To achieve this, the team uses a variety of testing methodologies against custom test rigs that the team designs, builds and maintains.
You will manage a team of test engineers that is responsible for ensuring the quality of releases to our customers – building them, testing them, driving the resolution of any problems and delivering the release – as well as special testing projects and test tool development. You’ll also be responsible for providing technical leadership to the other members of your team, ranging from testing strategy to product expertise to tool development.
- Taking ownership of all aspects of the team and its success, including full personnel responsibility for the team members.
- Providing technical leadership and hands-on mentoring to the team.
- Owning and delivering against a plan, with many moving parts and requirements.
- Effective communication with our L3 Support teams and our customer-facing teams.
- Driving ongoing personal development, coaching and motivation for engineers.
- Increasing team productivity by driving the improvement of the team’s tools and processes, as well as training to deliver excellent service efficiently.
For this position, we need someone who has
- strong technical leadership skills
- Technical curiosity and a willingness to engage with the technical details to find the root cause of a problem
- experience of testing and of designing effective test strategies
- effective project management and planning skills
- analytical & problem-solving skills
- excellent communication skills
- proven people development and interpersonal skills
- lots of energy and drive
- ideally a good understanding of the telecoms industry.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
The first stage will involve a telephone interview with the hiring manager to assess your suitability to the role. The next stage will be an interview at our Belfast office where you will be asked to complete some short exercises and have interviews with senior members of the team.
To apply for this position, please send a
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.