The Professional Services Team
The Professional Services team is a vital part of the overall Metaswitch organisation. The team has played a key role in the successful deployment of Metaswitch equipment to provide next generation voice services in over 700 carriers’ networks worldwide. Our customers have consistently reported the exceptional quality of Metaswitch’s professional services engineers as one of our key differentiators.
Your team will comprise of
- industry veterans with a vast range of experience deploying our technology
- engineers that previously worked in the product development team and in many cases wrote the software that they are now deploying.
The Professional Services team works closely with our customer base to assist them with design, implementation and troubleshooting of deployments involving a wide range of Metaswitch and partner products.
Metaswitch is now looking to recruit a Professional Services engineer in Dallas dedicated to working with a Tier 1 Service Provider, working primarily with the Service Provider’s Maintenance Engineering lab.
After an initial training and ramp-up period, successful candidates will become a full part of the Metaswitch Professional Services team delivering into a Tier1 Service Provider, with responsibilities including the following.
- Acting as on-site single point of contact, liaising between the Service Provider and Metaswitch internal resources.
- Ensuring that issues found are tracked and driving them to resolution.
- Assistance with installation and configuration of Metaswitch solutions in the Service Provider’s lab
- Validation of methods of procedure.
- Assistance with system level analysis of defects, focussing on the APIs, features and function of Metaswitch provided components.
- Transfer of skills required to operate components of Metaswitch solutions and validation of provided designs in lab environment.
For this position, we need someone who has
- at least 5 years’ experience working in the Telecoms industry supporting Tier 1 carriers and preferably experience of deploying into Tier 1 Service Providers
- an aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems
- energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience in the following areas and technologies is highly desirable.
- Deployment of virtual network functions in OpenStack including use of HEAT templates.
- Linux enterprise operating systems such as Red Hat.
- Cloud and container environments such as Kubernetes.
- SIP telephony architecture and protocols.
- IPv4/v6 networking, DNS, switching and routing.
- Public key cryptography, certificates and TLS transport security.
- Tier 1 OSS/BSS integration including experience with protocols such as SNMP and RADIUS.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. As part of the process, you will be expected to complete aptitude tests, alongside 1-2 one on one interviews via remote video call.
To apply for this position, please submit a comprehensive resume to our email address email@example.com. If you have any further questions or queries, please contact Colleen Dietmeyer at the same email address.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.