The UC Sales Director role
Metaswitch is the world’s leading network software provider powering the transition of communication networks into a cloud-based, software-centric, all-IP future. Our leading-edge software and hardware products are used by some of the biggest names in the telecommunications and IT industry, such as Telstra, Spark, AIS and Telkomsel.
We are currently looking for proven Sales professionals in the Business Communications and Collaboration area to help continue and accelerate our significant growth within the APAC market.
The Unified Communications Sales Director role will be an overlay sales role for the entire APAC region with the key responsibility to build and execute a sales plan to sell Metaswitch’s market leading UC portfolio to both existing and new customers.
The role will report directly to the SVP Sales for APAC.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following
- build and execute a sales plan to meet established revenue generation goals and assigned MBO (management by objective) goals
- work in close collaboration with SVP Sales APAC, PLM and pre-sales to identify, pursue and win UC deals within APAC. Work with existing regional Sales Director where appropriate to drive UC sales in their nominated accounts
- work with SVP Sales APAC and VP Channel Sales to identify and nurture sales channels to accelerate our UC growth
- creating, developing and managing a healthy pipeline of sales opportunities
- identifying fit between our solutions and the customer requirements, in collaboration with the pre-sales engineering and product management teams
- developing strategic account plans for major opportunities
- negotiating commercial terms, contracts and agreements
- developing regional partnerships as appropriate to support business development within the region.
We are looking for a motivated, highly talented person with
- substantial sales management experience with communications providers inside Asia Pacific, including Australia and New Zealand
- can demonstrate successful track record of selling into Tier 1 and Tier 2 opco's in APAC in the realms of Unified Communications
- solid record on winning new name accounts and business within nominated region
- can demonstrate success in meeting/ beating sales targets, consistently over a long period
- has a network of existing relations and connections within region at multiple levels, within which to leverage
- demonstrative energy, ownership and accountability in leading cross functional teams in complex sales
- has strong ability to understand technology concepts that underpin our solution set
- can articulate complex propositions at a senior level
- understands how to close deals quickly and effectively
- can build and execute solid sales plans for the regions
- track record of growing qualified pipeline
- ability to forge strong internal relationships across all departments and levels
- has high intellect with ability to consult effectively across UC
- excellent communication skills combined with a confident and outgoing personality with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of seniority.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a noncontributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
First, we’ll ask you to have a telephone interview with the hiring manager. We’ll then ask you to visit one of our offices to complete assessments and have interviews with members of the team. We want to find out more about you, but also provide the opportunity for you to get a good ‘feel’ for the role and Metaswitch. It’s a big decision for both of us.
To apply for this position, please send a
- CV (including all academic grades)
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role to our email address email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.