The UC Sales Director role
Metaswitch is the world’s leading network software provider powering the transition of communication networks into a cloud-based, software-centric, all-IP future. Our leading-edge software and hardware products are used by some of the biggest names in the N.A. Telecommunication and IT industry, such as AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, TDS, and Windstream.
We are currently looking for a proven sales professional in the Unified Communications and Collaboration area to help continue and accelerate our significant growth within the North American market.
The Unified Communications Sales Director role will be an overlay sales role for the entire N.A. region with the key responsibility to build and execute a sales plan to sell Metaswitch’s market leading UC portfolio to both existing and new customers.
The role will report directly to the SVP Sales for North America.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following
- build and execute a sales plan to meet established revenue generation goals and assigned MBO (management by objective) goals
- work in close collaboration with SVP Sales, PLM and pre-sales to identify, pursue and win UC deals. Work with existing regional Sales Director where appropriate to drive UC sales in their focus accounts
- work with SVP Sales and VP Channel Sales to identify and nurture N.A. sales channels to accelerate our UC growth
- creating, developing and managing a healthy pipeline of sales opportunities
- identifying fit between our solutions and the customer requirements, in collaboration with the pre-sales engineering and product management teams
- developing strategic account plans for major opportunities
- negotiating commercial terms, contracts and agreements
- developing regional partnerships as appropriate to support business development within the region.
- substantial sales experience with communications providers and can demonstrate successful track record of selling into Tier 2 and Tier 3 operators in N.A. in the realms of Unified Communications
- solid record on winning new name accounts and business within the nominated region
- can demonstrate success in meeting/ beating sales targets, consistently over a long period
- has a network of existing relationships and connections within region at multiple levels, within which to leverage
- demonstrative energy, ownership and accountability in leading cross functional teams in complex sales
- has strong ability to understand technology concepts that underpin our solution set
- can articulate complex propositions at a senior level
- understands how to close deals quickly and effectively
- can build and execute solid sales plans for the regions
- track record of growing qualified pipeline
- ability to forge strong internal relationships across all departments and levels
- has high intellect with ability to consult effectively across UC
- excellent communication skills combined with a confident and outgoing personality with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of seniority.
Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
The company is privately owned partly by top-tier investment firms Francisco Partners and Sequoia Capital, and partly by the Employee Benefit Trust (EBT) which provides a performance related bonus plan, equitably rewarding employees for their contribution and encouraging long-term commitment. The company also operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
In addition, all employees receive the following benefits package, which is a combination of what you would expect from a modern, well-managed organization - along with one or two specials of our own.
- We provide excellent retirement benefits (10% of salary contributed by the company into your retirement fund), short and long-term disability insurance, private medical and dental schemes.
- Employees receive paid vacation, as well as public holidays.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. If we decide to proceed with your application, we will usually contact you to go through a short telephone interview initially. This gives you (and us) an opportunity to find out more.
Please send a comprehensive CV/resume along with a covering letter/email to our email address email@example.com.
If you have any further questions or queries, please contact Colleen Dietmeyer at the same email address.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer AA M/F/Veteran/Disability.