The Professional Services team
The Professional Services team is a vital part of the overall Metaswitch organization, which has played a key role in the successful deployment of Metaswitch equipment to provide next generation voice services in 500 carriers’ networks. Our customers have consistently reported the exceptional quality of Metaswitch’s services team as one of our key differentiators.
The team is comprised of a combination of
- industry veterans with a vast range of experience
- engineers that previously worked in the product development team and in many cases wrote the software that they are now deploying.
The Professional Services team works closely with our customer base to assist them with design, implementation and troubleshooting of deployments involving a wide range of Metaswitch and partner products. Our Technical Leads take on responsibility for the end to end design and quality of implementation of our projects, ensuring that our technical deliverables are completed on time, on budget and to the highest quality.
Metaswitch's customer base continues to grow, and therefore we are expanding the Professional Services team in Asia.
Successful candidates will work closely with our Sales team, Professional Services and Customer Care Engineers, Program Managers and our customers. Duties will include the following.
- Owning the solution design from deal close through to final acceptance;
- Co-ordinating with the wider Metaswitch team to ensure that all technical resources are correctly tasked and the project management team is briefed on technical risks and issues;
- Owning issue resolution for the most complex and challenging problems encountered;
- Providing feedback to our centralised and engineering teams on product and process improvements to improve quality of Professional Services delivery;
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers to understand their technical requirements;
- Examining and evaluating data to manage and achieve results by using sound problem solving abilities;
- Anticipating issues to keep projects on track.
- We believe in hands-on training, so the successful candidate will very quickly find themselves working directly with our customers on large, complex projects that are vital to their business success.
For this position, we need someone who has
- a strong record of working in the Telecoms industry deploying Unified Communications solutions; experience with the following technologies is highly desirable: SIP trunking, Hosted PBX, Soft clients, Business communications, Centrex
- significant experience deploying solutions in operators’ core networks
- the ability to gather and analyse information to help when clarifying issues or making decisions
- an aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems
- discipline, rigour and a passion for improving processes
- energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity
- leadership qualities, able to get the most out of internal and external teams
- excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, fluent in English.
Fluency in other languages, especially any of Bahasa, Thai and Mandarin, is also desirable.
The successful candidate will be based in Kuala Lumpur or Jakarta, mainly working from our local offices and/or customer sites. The role may involve significant business travel.
Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for 30 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. First, we’ll ask you to have a telephone interview with the hiring manager, followed by in-person assessments and interviews with members of the team. We want to find out more about you, but also provide the opportunity for you to get a good ‘feel’ for the role and Metaswitch. It’s a big decision for both of us.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.