Metaswitch’s LSP Ping solution is a library of functions that build and parse LSP Ping messages and manage the LSP Ping transactions. It is integrated with DC-MPLS to provide an end-to-end solution.
DC-OAM LSP Ping provides the following function.
- Enables the library user to initiate LSP Ping transactions
- Retries LSP Ping requests if a response is not received
- Integrates with DC-MPLS to process LSP Ping requests
- Creates and encodes LSP Ping packets and passes them to the library user for transmission
- Accepts and decodes LSP Ping packets from the library user and correlates responses to an existing LSP Ping transaction or passes requests to DC-MPLS for processing
- Maintains statistics about LSP Ping transactions and overall operation
- Manages a traceroute request and reports the discovered path to the library user.
Distribution = Scalability
As for DC-OAM BFD, multiple DC-OAM LSP Ping instances can be instantiated and the library can be distributed to line cards if required.