Metaswitch’s Rhino telephony application server (TAS) and service creation platform is grounded in GSMA reference documents IR.51, IR.92 and IR.94, and is the first mobile TAS architected from inception for network functions virtualization (NFV).
Employing the same cloud native architecture as massively scalable internet applications, the Rhino TAS can be deployed in private, public or hybrid elastic cloud environments and NFV infrastructures with complete management and orchestration (MANO), and can grow automatically — with granular network slices — to meet traffic or application demands.
- Cloud native VNFs
- Carrier-grade with “five-nines” availability
- Capacity can be scaled to meet demand
- Complete multimedia telephony application server (MMTel-AS)
- GSM supplementary services in compliance with packet voice and video standards
- Service Capability Interaction Manager (SCIM) provides feature parity between TDM and IP network infrastructures
- Service Centralization and Continuity Application Server (SCC-AS) enables voice call continuity if a mobile handset roams into an area where only circuit-switched (CS) coverage exists
- Enables transport-level interworking for SMS between circuit-switched and packet-switched networks via its IP-SM-GW
- Service Interaction and Service Brokering for SS7 and IMS networks
- Supports JAIN SLEE v1.1 open standard for TAS