Clearwater Core is Metaswitch’s implementation of IMS built exclusively using web development methods to provide voice, video and messaging services to millions of users or IoT endpoints. Architected from the ground up for massively scalable deployments within virtualized public, private or hybrid elastic compute clouds, Clearwater Core combines the economics of over-the-top (OTT) style service platforms with the standards compliance and reliability expected of telco-grade network solutions.
The web services-oriented design, along with the component-centric micro services philosophies adopted when architecting Clearwater Core, makes it ideal for instantiation within either hardware VM-based hypervisor infrastructures (VMware or KVM) or emerging OS container-based (Docker) environments with (Swarm or Kubernetes) Cluster management.
- Cloud native VNFs
- Includes I-CSCF, S-CSCF and BGCF
- Charging Collection Function (CCF) converts Rf-based billing streams into file-based CDRs
- HSS Mirror eliminates unnecessary queries of the global user database
- Works with VNF managers and management and orchestration (MANO) options
- Uses RESTful web services APIs
- Compatible with Metaswitch’s Perimeta SBC and AGCF/MGCF
- Compatible with Metaswitch’s Service Assurance Server for monitoring, statistics and analytics