The MG6010 and MG6050 Universal Media Gateway represent a new generation of mid-density and high-density access and trunking voice media gateways.
The Universal Media Gateway is architected to serve as a critical component in integrated Class 4 and Class 5 migration strategies while acting as a vital circuit-to-packet transitional network element in carrier network transformation strategies.
- Based on the IMS reference architecture
- Supports high definition and wireless codecs
- Supports VoIP over cable in a PacketCable environment
- Supports Network Call Signaling (NCS) to Multimedia Terminal Adaptors (MTAs)
- Trunking media gateway functionality between classic TDM/PSTN and IMS networks
- Integrated signaling gateway
- Transforms circuit-switched SS7 and ISDN messages for IP networks
- Compatible with Metaswitch’s MetaSphere MTAS or third-party MGCF
- Emergency Standalone (ESA) function
- Fully redundant system architecture