Metaswitch’s LSP Ping solution is a library of functions that build and parse LSP Ping messages and manage the LSP Ping transactions. It is integrated with DC-MPLS to provide an end-to-end solution.
DC-OAM LSP Ping provides the following function.
- Enables the library user to initiate LSP Ping transactions
- Retries LSP Ping requests if a response is not received
- Integrates with DC-MPLS to process LSP Ping requests
- Creates and encodes LSP Ping packets and passes them to the library user for transmission
- Accepts and decodes LSP Ping packets from the library user and correlates responses to an existing LSP Ping transaction or passes requests to DC-MPLS for processing
- Maintains statistics about LSP Ping transactions and overall operation
- Manages a traceroute request and reports the discovered path to the library user.
Distribution = Scalability
As for DC-OAM BFD, multiple DC-OAM LSP Ping instances can be instantiated and the library can be distributed to line cards if required.
It's great to meet you!
Please enter your details in the form below.