DC-PIM is a portable source code implementation of the Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) protocol designed explicitly to support the scalability, availability and functional requirements of OEMs building devices for next generation networks. It has comprehensive support for the relevant standards, with management interfaces and a design suited for the most demanding applications.
DC-PIM shares Metaswitch's unicast IP routing architecture.
The DC-PIM architecture splits the product into modular components with defined interfaces, which improves the long-term maintainability of the code base. DC-PIM license options are as follows:
- DC-PIM-SM SSM
PIM Protocol Function
The SSM-only subset of DC-PIM-SM provides full support for
- PIM Source Specific Mode (PIM-SSM) as specified in RFC 4601
- the SSM multicast architecture as specified in RFC 3569 and RFC 4607.
The full-function variant of DC-PIM-SM adds support for the following features.
- IPv6 support.
- Full PIM Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) v2 protocol support, as specified in RFC 4601.
- The Bootstrap Router Mechanism for PIM-SM, as specified in draft-ietf-pim-sm-bsr.
- Anycast Rendezvous Point (RP) using PIM, as specified in RFC 4610.
DC-PIM-DM includes support for the following features.
- IPv6 support.
- PIM Dense Mode (PIM-DM) v2 protocol support, as specified in RFC 3973.
DC PIM's architecture has been designed to support the following future developments.
- Bi-directional PIM, as specified in draft-ietf-pim-bidir.
- PIM-SM Extensions for Supporting Remote Neighbors, as specified in draft-raggarwa-pim-sm-remote-nbr.
- IP Multicast with PIM-SM over a MPLS Traffic Engineered Core, as specified in draft-raggarwa-pim-sm-mpls-te, together with support for performing constrained shortest path first computations in a multicast network.
- Complete integration with Metaswitch's MPLS signaling products, to enable the forwarding of multicast data over an MPLS network.
- Support for PIM Multicast Border Router processing, as specified in RFC 4601, and interoperability with other multicast routing protocols running in separate multicast domains, as specified in RFC 2715.
- Interaction with the Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP) as specified in RFC 3618.
Metaswitch's Multicast Routing products support the following configuration model.
- Full MIB Support.
- The IPv4 Multicast Forwarding MIB, as specified in RFC 2932.
- The Protocol Independent Multicast MIB, as specified in draft-ietf-pim-mib-v2, with the exception of the (deprecated) pimRPTable.
- The Multicast Group Membership Discovery MIB, as specified in draft-ietf-magma-mgmd-mib.
- Compatibility with Cisco and Juniper's configuration models.
- High availability and fault tolerance in management of configuration information when used with Configuration Safe Store
It's great to meet you!
Please enter your details in the form below.