ReSerVation Protocol with Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) is one of the label distribution protocols supported by DC-MPLS. DC-RSVP provides a complete, scalable, and fault-tolerant source code implementation of RSVP-TE.
DC-RSVP is designed for OEMs building a wide range of devices including MSPPs, routers, Carrier Ethernet, enterprise switches, mobile backhaul, packet – optical transport, ROADMs, or WDM devices. It includes a wide range of protocol extensions for both packet and optical networks, including advanced features such as diffserv, GMPLS, MPLS-TP, G.709 OTN, OIF-UNI and OIF-E-NNI.
DC-RSVP is also available as a pre-integrated MPLS control plane with Metaswitch's IP Routing software providing a fully Integrated Control Plane for packet and optical devices.
RSVP-TE Protocol Function
- The DC-RSVP software product includes the following RSVP protocol function.
- Full support of RSVP and its Traffic Engineering (TE) extensions
- RFC 2209
- RFC 3209 (TE extension)
- Refresh reduction
- Hello processing
- Link bundling
- Unnumbered interfaces
- Protection Switching
- e2e recovery per draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-e2e-signaling
- Fast re-route (both detour and facility methods supported per RFC 4090)
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
- DiffServ extensions (DIFFSERV object)
- LSP Pinning
- Diagnostic messages
- Resource affinities
- Authentication (INTEGRITY object using HMAC-MD5 algorithm)
- Optical Extensions
- Full GMPLS support (RFC 3945, RFC 3473)
- ASON extensions (RFC 3474)
- SONET/SDH extensions (RFC 3946)
- Pre-standard MPLS-TP
- OTN support per ITU G.709 and RFC 4328
- Support for OIF-UNI client and network nodes
- Support for OIF-NNI
- Extensible for OEM specific requirements
- Support for private objects and TLVs
- Proprietary data transferred across external interfaces for OEM processing
- Support for proprietary MIB extensions
- Support for OEM specific authentication
Management and Integration
- Fully MIB manageable
- LSR MIB
- MPLS TE MIB
- Product management MIBs for consistent management interface
- Easily integrated with SNMP, CORBA, CMIP, CLI, Web or other management paradigms, including Metaswitch's Configuration Safe Store
- Pre-integrated and transactional CLI, NETCONF, WEB UI, SNMP, REST management interfaces available through MetaCLI (Metaswitch), a product form our partner Tail-f Systems.
- High availability and fault tolerance in management of configuration information when used with Metaswitch's Configuration Safe Store
Carrier Class Design
- Optimized mainline for very fast LSP establishment and refresh processing
- Binary trees ensure scaling of O(ln(N)) with number of LSPs supported
- No hard-coded limits to number of interfaces or LSPs supported
- Designed to handle thousands of interfaces and millions of LSPs
- Distribution of components onto multiple cards
- Carrier class availability
- High availability through replication of config and state data for backup control plane
- Hot software upgrade
- Control plane restart with LSP survival
- Protection switching and fast re-route (includes e2e recovery)
- Availability and fault tolerance in management of configuration information possible with Configuration Safe Store
- See High Availability for more details
- Major vendors: interoperates with all major implementations
- UNH-IOL: successful testing of all aspects of DC-MPLS at UNH Interoperability Lab. See http://www.ioh.unh.edu/consortiums/mplsServices/ for details.
- We assist customers in their own testing, either in their labs or at customer field trials
- Guarantee: interoperability problems are treated as problems and fixed within the same schedules.
It's great to meet you!
Please enter your details in the form below.